1.8

EIGHTEEN.
the beautiful tatooine

🔹️🔹️🔹️

The continuous loud beeping of an alarm hurt my ears as I tried to ignore them. Mando turned around to glance at me before clicking on and off some switches. I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose as I stood up and walked over to him.

I sighed, looking down at the control panel's screen. "We're losing fuel."

Mando nodded, panicking as he clicked on a few more switches. Just then, the whole engine's power turned off. The child giggled, watching us look at each other with frustration. The engine began to sputter as Mando got up, walking over to the back of the room.

"Let's get some light in here first." He said, flipping  a switch; causing some emergency lights to turn on. He turned to face me, "Can you see if you can turn the power back on?"

"Sure." I said, sitting down on his seat. I looked around at the control panel and at the top of the room -- clicking on and off a few switches.

Suddenly, the engine had finally powered back on, along with the lights. I sighed in relief, standing up, so Mando could return to his seat. I stood behind it, observing Mando as he pressed a button up top.

The console and buttons began beeping as the radio expressed static. Mando piloted the ship to a familiar planet to which I'd recognized was Tatooine.. where Luke had grew up. I leaned my arms against Mando's chair as I admired Tatooine's beauty from afar. I snapped out of my trance when I heard a sudden voice speak through the radio.

"This is Mos Eisly Tower," A man's voice said. "We are tracking you. Head for bay three-five, over."

"Copy that." Mando replied, pressing a button on the ceiling. "Locked in for three-five."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

Although the ship had struggled, we finally landed on three-five; Tatooine. Mando picked up the  sleeping child, bringing him over to a secret room -- to hide him from any danger. He closed the hatch as I shifted a little to the side to look at him.

"Let's head out."

Mando nodded in response, walking over to the front entrance of the ship. The door opened, revealing a couple of droids trudging their way towards the ship. Mando quickly grabbed his blaster, shooting at the ends of their feet.

"Mando..!" I shook my head, gently punching him in the arm as the droids screamed. He didn't seem to care, placing his blaster back in his belt.

"Hey!" A voice yelled from inside the large building in front of us. The droids ran away as an older lady walked outside; towards us. "Hey! You damage one of my droids, you'll pay for it."

"Just keep them away from my ship." Mando announced sternly.

"Yeah?" She snapped sassily. "You think that's a good idea, do ya?"

".. Sorry, he doesn't like droids." I chimed in, shrugging.

"Fine," She sighed, wandering off to a side of the ship. I raised my eyebrows at Mando before following the lady. "Let's take a look at your ship."

"Thank you." I said as Mando walked over to us, watching the lady knock on some of the ship's metal.

"Oof! Look at that," She muttered to herself, taking out a tool and pointing it at a part of the ship. "Ugh, you got a lot of carbon scorin' building up top."