【63】Making Up

As agreed, I was on my way to join Lex after the conference we had to attend

I was still feeling terrible about the whole thing. It was unfair that I had to pay for Brian and Steven's drunken mistake. Well, they were paying all right, given the state of their hair, but still, I hated this situation I was unwillingly thrown into. The guys were downstairs having fun, and I had to spend the next few hours alone with my grumpy boss. Whom I had slept with. On several occasions.

Reaching his door, I let out a heavy sigh. I dreaded the tense atmosphere that would reign during the next few hours as much as the presentation itself. I didn't know how to handle Lex's quick mood swings, since I didn't even know why he was irritated in the first place. At least, the positive thing about this was that his jerk attitude made it easier to resist the temptation he posed. If he was this insufferable, I was certainly not going to let him touch me.

No, this called for professionalism, so I would bite my tongue and go through with his bad temper. The unexpected circumstances demanded it. Finding some courage, I lifted my hand and knocked on his door.

I waited, expecting his command to come in, but instead, the door opened before me. My eyes met with Lex's chest, and when I looked up, I forgot all about resolve and ignoring the shit out of him. Fuck, drunk Andy isn't the only desperate hoe, I realized, feeling my insides warm up slowly.

He had his glasses on and his hair was a mess, as if he'd been passing his hand through it over and over. Given his frowning, I could tell he was preoccupied, and although it wasn't a particularly sexy mood, I always liked him better when he seemed human, like the rest of us. He was wearing a simple gray T-shirt with jeans, his sneakers immaculately white.

Seriously, I stood no chance. I idolized suit Lex, adored casual Lex, worshiped naked Lex, and I awaited with apprehension the day I'd meet tuxedo Lex. He was dashing regardless of what he was wearing.

"Come in," he invited me, moving to the side. It stopped my daydreaming, and I obeyed, stepping into his room.

My face flushed as I looked around, memories of our first night in San José flooding me. My eyes dropped on the spot near the window where he'd fingered me to heaven, then moved to the half-opened bedroom door where I could see the bed we'd fucked in for hours. Images of our steamy moments invaded me, and a familiar wetness spread down my center, slowly dampening my panties. Ah, damn, that wasn't good...

"So, I have started a list of all the things we'll need for tomorrow," he declared, going for his laptop on the coffee table.

This was pathetic. I couldn't even be in the same room as him without getting the naughtiest thoughts, while he was effortlessly keeping it to business. I scolded myself internally for my weakness and removed my jacket before discarding it on the armchair. Making sure I was far enough to prevent any accidental contact, I sat next to him on the couch.