■ FINALE ■

School dragged on uselessly for the next week, everyone was waiting patiently for the holidays to start and I was the same.

It meant spending more time with James, even thought according to my mother, we were already attached at the hip.

At every chance we got, James would drive me somewhere pretty to show me that there's was more to the world than school and home.

Chase had fallen back into being a good friend easily, and was even chatting to a girl online. Caitlyn continued to glare at me in hallways and even went so far as to write foul words on my locker.

But I let it go. I always let it go, because I couldn't allow that shit to drag me down.

As each day passed, I grew more confident in myself and found a way to share the love to my family also. Since the vacation my father had won, they didn't seem to be fighting as much now and if they were, it was quickly resolved. Each day was getting better and better.

I was happy.

And one late afternoon, as James and I lounged on the docks they had built, I turned my head to look at him.

"You know, I don't think I've ever felt this calm before," I replied as the sun sparkled off the water.

"Yeah I know what you mean," James replied before pressing his cheek to my hair.

Being in his arms felt like the most safest place in the world and I sighed, content with life.

A soft breeze blew through the area, ruffling our hair and kissing our skin with a light touch. The sky was darkening, with streaks of pink, orange and gold streaking across the sky like a quick stroke of a paint brush.

"Shame it can't stay like this forever," he added softly.

Feeling our fingers entwining, I sent him a small smile.

"It can," I said, as lent up on my hands.

I kissed him, letting him know how much I cared for and loved him. We had our ups and downs but that was every relationship. And sure, I had dated his brother for a while there but James was always endgame.

I knew he was.

Ever since I had kissed him at the stupid party.

Short Ending.
But the ending non the less.

And so Christie and James live together, go to college and live the life they wanted. Chase however meets a beautiful farmer girl and they get engaged three weeks after they met.

The End.
T ❤