Ch 4: Whatever you say, I've decided I'm going to ignore it

Louis POV

So since I decided to ask a girl for directions, Paul is feeling the need to mercilessly scold me. For heaven's sake, I'm 19 years old! I think I can take care of myself.

We were in the van that was going to take us to our beach house. Niall and Zayn were discussing the best parties in Miami, Liam was listening to music, and Harry had fallen asleep on my shoulder. And me? I was on Twitter, hoping that that Claire girl would reply to my DM. I actually didn't know why I cared so much, but I wasn't in the mood to figure out my feelings.

@louistomlinson: So what are you doing in Florida?

I waited and waited for a reply, then finally my phone buzzed.

@claireforever: I'm spending the summer in Miami w/ my family. We're staying in a beach house :)

@louistomlinson: What a coincidence! Me and the boys are also spending the summer in Miami. Maybe we'll run into each other ;)

@claireforever: Haha that'd be great. I promise I won't freak out this time.

@louistomlinson: That's ok love. You look cute when you're doing it ;)

I paused, wait a minute was I flirting? And with a fan that I just met? Wow, Louis you have issues.

"Louis. Louis!" I looked up from my phone to see an angry Paul staring at me.

"Paul, whatever you say I've decided I'm going to ignore it," I said sassily. But I really did not want another lecture about "having proper behavior". I talked to the girl and the world didn't end. I wasn't viciously attacked, so I considered it a victory.

"Louis, you cannot just go up to a random girl and talk to her. She could've been a crazy fan!" Paul said. Zayn and Niall looked at us briefly then went back to googling hottest nightclubs in Miami.

"But Paul she wasn't! I came out alive and unharmed, isn't that all that matters?" I said, already tired of the lecture.

"Louis you are 19 years old. You're also incredibly famous. You cannot go up to random people and ask them for directions! Start acting like a responsible adult. Maybe that's the reason Eleanor broke up with you." I froze. He should've known that talking about our breakup was taboo.

I leaned forward and spoke softly but clearly. "Never ever bring that up again." I leaned back in my seat and pulled out my phone. Harry woke up and looked around.

"What's going on?" he asked sleepily. "Nothing Hazza," I said sharply. "Go back to sleep."

"Jeez Lou. Don't need to be cranky." He rolled over and fell asleep on Liam instead. Good. Harry tends to snore.

@louistomlinson: So tell me about yourself Claire. How old are you? Do you have any siblings?

@claireforever: I'm seventeen years old. And I have one sister, Lily. She's thirteen.

@louistomlinson: Is she a fan of 1D?

@claireforever: Lol she's a huge fan. Her fav is Zayn.

@louistomlinson: What about you? Who's your fav member?

@claireforever: I prefer to not answer that question. I gtg. Just arrived at our beach house. Ttyl :)

@louistomlinson: You can't hide forever Claire! Talk to you soon love ;)

The van pulled up to a massive beach house and we all piled out of the van. The beach house was modern-looking and white. We could see the ocean from where we were standing. The boys and I stood there for a moment then raced towards the front door. Niall and I were first in the house and we froze.

We were standing in a giant foyer and the living room was directly in front of us. It had two huge couchs and a massive flat screen tv mounted on a giant fireplace. The living room opened up to a huge deck outside that had a barbeque, a pool, and a hot tub. A staircase led down to the beach. The beach looked private, I remembered Uncle Simon saying something about only three houses were down here on this stretch of beach.

"Guys," Niall said. "The kitchen is huge AND it's stocked with all of our favorite foods!" He settled down on one of the couches, eating a bag of crisps.

Zayn appeared from the upstairs, already changed into his bathing suit.

"But Zayn," I said. "You don't swim." He winked at me and headed out to the pool.

"I can still get a tan, Lou." I laughed. This was going to be a great summer.

"Hey, Louis," Liam said. "You better go choose your room before the only room left is the tiny one."

I nodded and walked up the glass staircase. There were six bedrooms, three on each side. I peeked into the first one. Zayn had already claimed it, leaving his suitcase and mirror on the bed. I closed the door and moved on to the next one. It was big, with a king size bed and a walk in closet. I threw my suitcase on the bed and started to unpack. From downstairs, I heard a loud shriek.

"NEVER steal my crisps Styles!" Niall yelled.

"Help! Niall's trying to murder me!" Harry yelled. There were loud thumpings then a loud crash.

Oh yeah. This summer was going to be interesting.