016.

The class was silent, pencils tapping, and the sound of Santana's chair squeaking were the only things to be heard

The class was silent, pencils tapping, and the sound of Santana's chair squeaking were the only things to be heard. She had a tendency to bounce her leg when she was nervous, this was the biggest test of the semester.

Mr. Simmons created a 100 questioned test and a writing portion that she was already dreading. She blew out a big bubble of air, hoping the answers would just magically come to her. It wasn't that she didn't study, he wrote the questions in the most confusing way.

"Santana," Rashawn's voice whispered behind her, causing her to look forward.

She knew the minute she spoke, attention would be on her. She was not good at whispering so it was just best to ignore him. She reread her question, making sure she circled the right letter before moving on to the next one.

"Santana," Rashawn continued, he just needed her to his pencil from under her. He was moving it between his fingers and it flew out of his hand, "I ain't tryna cheat off you, I just need my pencil,"

She sighed deeply and bent over to grab his lead pencil, he leaned over her shoulder and circled as many answers he could before she faced him.

"Here," she rolled her eyes and dropped the pencil on his desk.

"Why that nigga answer yo' phone the other night?" He raised an eyebrow and gave her a warm smirk.

"Excuse me?" She was now facing him completely, her whole body was turned toward Rashawn.

"Santana, Rashawn? You two finished with your tests?" Mr. Simmons tilted his head out of his book and looked at the students.

"No sir," Santana turned back to the front and gave him a slight smile. "Sorry, won't happen again,"

Mr. Simmons was gonna make an example out of these two just to show the whole class he was done being the nice guy. The students were always taken advantage of his kindness.

"Bring your tests up," he placed his book down and sat upright in his chair.

"But, I was just giving him his pencil. And I'm not even done, you not getting it until I finish," Santana retorted, not knowing it was making her situation worse.

"You two chose to continue talking so in that case, you are both finished with your tests so pass them up." he stood up and put his hands in his front pockets, dragging himself over to their seats.

"Doing the fuckin' most right nie," Rashawn threw the packet at Mr. Simmons and slouched down in his seat.

"Maybe next time you'll keep your pencil in your hand," he glared down at him and Rashawn just looked away from him, clenching his jaws tight.

"Can I just retake it? I have an A in here, I can't go any lower than that." Santana began to beg, knowing her grades were very important not only to her but to her parents.