Chapter 29 - Lets play

"Luke?"

In front of me stood a boy, soaked in rain water, as a thunder has apparently formed outside, his messy platinum blonde hair falling into his face, which held an expression as cold as stone, showing no emotions whatsoever. If he wasn't so mad, and Luke wasn't Luke and I wasn't myself, than this would have been the perfect love scene in any romantic movie ever. But this wasn't that scene. 

"What are you doing here? I mean, I'm so happy to see you, really, I am! But why- and you are soaking wet! Did you walk over here? Oh god, what am I saying?? Are you alright? Luke, I'm so sorry, I don't even know why you are mad, but I want to make it right! Oh shit, you are still standing in the rain, do you want to come inside? Or maybe go somewhere else, I think I could use mine and Codys car and we could-" I rambled on until I was cut short. 

"Blake, shut up" Luke said, his voice emotionless and harsh. 

"I-.. Yes, sorry" I replied, scratching the back of my neck nervously. 

"I'm already wet as fuck, so no need to go anywhere else. Ok, I did not come here to hear you freak out about this shit" he said in the same robotic, but pissy voice. 

"I'm sorry Luke, but why are you here? I-I thought you hated me now, s-so why are you here?" I asked, chewing nervously on my bottom lip. The answer scared me, because all I wanted, was to make things right again and not make them any worse, than they already were. I nervously shifted from one foot to the other, waiting for Lukes response. He had closed his eyes, as if he was still not sure, if coming here was the right thing to do or not. 

"I don't hate you Blake, I could never do that. But I am mad at you..." he sighed. I closed the front door behind me, so that the guys couldn't listen in on our conversation and stepped down the few steppes off our porch into the rain with him. I was wearing only a shirt and a pair of jeans and it was pretty fucking cold outside. I mean it was the middle of November for crying out loud. The rain didn't help, but all of that wasn't important right now. All that mattered was Luke. 

"B-But why? I mean, I'm truly sorry that I upset you, but help me understand what I did wrong... Is it... Is it because I'm dating a guy?" I asked, feeling the lump, that had formed in my throat, move as I gulped. 

"What? No, of course not Blake! I already told you, that I didn't care about that and want to support you. I know how confusing it can be to have your first crush on a guy" he said, looking to the ground. I could see that all of this was just as upsetting for him as it was for me. He hasn't shut me out for his own benefit and didn't really care about me, no, he had suffered just as much as me these past couple of days. 

"I-Is it because its Romeo? Do you have a crush on him or something?" I asked, folding my arms in front of my chest, because, hell was it getting cold outside. I would definitely get a cold, if I wouldn't take a hot ass shower afterwards, but actually, that was the least of my problems right now. 

"No, I do not have a crush on Romeo" he confessed.

"D-Do you... Do you have a crush on..me?" I stuttered awkwardly. Luke was my friend and if it was true, what Romeo suggested, I knew I had to be there for him, even though I could never return those feelings. He was more like a brother to me or the best friend I never had. 

"Oh my god, no Blake! I do not have a crush on you! No offense dude, but.. ew. Thats like dating your cousin or shit" he grimaced and I wanted to smile, but the unsettling feeling of running out of ideas of why he was so mad at me, held me back. 

"Then what is it? Why did you shut me out and why are you so damn mad at me?" I asked a hint of anger in my voice. It was more frustration. 

"Because you fucking love him, you idiot!" Luke exclaimed way too fucking loud. My body stiffened.