How You Met (9th Doctor)

You sigh as you put up yet another flier for your missing sister.

Rose Tyler. She's been gone for a year. Your mum, Jackie, has been scared shitless. Every day she hopes that her daughter is still alive and will come home or even call.

You hear a strange noise but dismiss it as you walk back into the complex you and your mum live in. You walk up the stairs to your flat and unlock the door before walking in and placing your keys on the table nearby.

"I'm back, mum. Goin' off to my room now." You walk through your flat to your room and pop your headphones in. You literally flop down onto your bed and just stare emotionless at the ceiling as your favorite song blared threw the headphones.

You close your eyes, focusing intensely on your breathing. You try to calm yourself as you have to every day that you put out those posters. The heartbreak of losing your sister is always so intense...

You and Rose aren't biological siblings. You were adopted before Pete Tyler was killed. Jackie didn't know if she could even handle taking care of two infants. You're older than Rose by a year and you went to Jackie's home when you were two months old. You've had a happy life with your sister and parents...

"What the bloody hell?" You hear your mum shout. You take out your earbuds and sit up.

"Mum? Mum, you alright?" You call out, concern laced in your voice. You don't hear anything back, so you stand and run out of the room to see Jackie staring wide eyed at....

Rose.

"Mum, are you alright?" Rose asked, confusing in her voice. "Look like you've seen a ghost!"

You walk up to her and slap her hard on the shoulder before bringing her into a hug. "A whole year, Rose! We've been damn worried, nearly insane with worry! What the hell were you doing? You couldn't call? Text?" You cried as you held her close. Jackie hugs Rose as well and you look up when a man bursts into the room.

"Its been a year, Rose!" He gasps out, freezing when he spots us. You separate from mum and Rose and walk up to the big-eared asshole in a leather jacket.

"Who the hell are you? Were you with Rose?" You asked, a hard glare on him as you moved closer and closer to the man.

He swallowed nervously and put his hands up in surrender. "Y-Yes."

Your glare becomes impossibly harder and you punch the man before pinning him to the wall and put his arms behind his back.

"(Y/n)! Stop it, he's not bad!" Rose runs over and tries to pull you off. You keep your ground and lean close to his ear.

"Why did you have my sister? Where was she for a whole goddamn year?"

"(Y/n) I said get off!" Rose pulled you off quickly, standing beside the man.

You keep a hard glare on him as he straightens his black leather jacket. You do the same with your red one.

"His name is the Doctor." Rose began. "We... travelled."

After a while, mum and you realized you couldn't get much more from the pair. The Doctor was growing impatient and the police came for a statement from Rose, but that's all.

"Rose, come with me for a second." You pulled her by the hand to your room and shut the door, locking it. She sat down on your black blanket on the queen sized bed, looking around the room.

"Back in your goth phase then?" She commented, looking at all of the band posters and the dark colors in the room. She looked back at your face, seemingly just realizing your dark makeup.

"Tell me what really happened, please. I won't tell mum. I just... I worry for you, Rose." You mumbled, playing with the sleeve of your jacket. She sighs and walks up to you.

"You know how... when we were younger... You would always look up at the stars at night. You'd ask me, 'what do you think is up there? Is it just a bunch of planets and stars and asteroids, or is there more life?' Remember that?" Rose asked, a small smile on her face.

"Of course... I dreamed of seeing the stars up close all the time." You looked down, whispering your response quietly. "Why bring this up?"

"I've seen it, (nickname). I've seen a lot. You can't imagine..." She smiles, holding your hand tight in hers. "That man, the Doctor... He showed me the universe. He showed me aliens. Real, proper aliens." She laughed softly, a twinkle in her eye.

You stand there, half believing but also having trouble with it. After a minute you let a small smile pass over your lips. "Show me. Prove it."

She grins and pulls you by your hand out of your room. She walks up to the Doctor and whispers to him.

"What? Absolutely not, no! She attacked me!" He seemed genuinely insulted, placing a hand on his chest.

"Please, Doctor, just once!" Rose begged. His resolve slowly crumbled as he looked at your sister and he sighed, nodding.

"Be back in a bit, mum!" You called out through the flat. Mum was on the phone so you knew she wouldn't respond back.

You walk behind Rose and the Doctor until you get to the last floor of the estate. You see a blue box that wasn't there before and frown.

The Doctor takes out a key and walks to the box as Rose steps back beside you. "You'll love this." Rose grinned.

He opened the blue police box doors and you peer in slowly. What you see makes you gasp and stumble backwards.

"I-Its...! Holy fucking ravioli!" You look around the box, making sure it isn't a trick. "It's like a Pokéball!" You grin, walking inside. The Doctor's smile leaves his face and he comes striding in after you.

"Like a what?" He asks, genuinely confused.

"A Pokéball! You know, Pokémon. Bigger on the inside." You shrug. You walk around the strange consol in the center and grin. "What's this button d-"

"Don't!" The Doctor grabs your hand before you press it. "Unleashes radioactive energy on deck twelve."

"So what's your ship called? He or she? How's it work?" You grin, jumping around the room as you look at everything. "Are you alien?"

"Its called the TARDIS - T A R D I S. Stands for Time and Relative Dimensions in Space. Disappears here, reappears there. Yes, I'm an alien." He answers, a proud grin on his face.

"You travel through time too?" You ask, starting to believe this is a dream. Rose nods and you grin. "Fantastic. Could we meet Jeanne Antoinette Poisson? Or Abraham Lincoln? Oh! What about Edgar Allan Poe? Or-"

"We can meet anyone." Rose laughed. "Future too."

You grin even more and squeal a little. "That. Is. Amazing! Can we go somewhere?"

The Doctor nods and begins running around the consol, pushing buttons and pulling levers. The TARDIS begins to shake and you laugh as you grip tightly onto the console before being thrown into the Doctor, landing on the floor on top of him. You blush and quickly roll off and stand, straightening your jacket. This will be very interesting.