17 | appetence

appetence [ ap•pe•tence ]
n. an eager desire, an instinctive inclination; an attraction or a natural bond

- v i n c e n z o -

Orabella had fallen asleep in the car. At first, she had been laughing about something, then suddenly, she fell into a cold silence. When we had arrived back at the estate, I carried her all the way inside and up the stairs to her room.

Laying her down, I took off her heels, placing them down on the floor beside her bed. I moved the blanket back, placing her under it before covering her entire body with it. Her hand reached out and grabbed mine as she sighed in content.

"G'night, Vince," she whispered out.

I grabbed ahold of her hand, placing a kiss on her knuckles before rubbing them with the pad of my thumb. "Goodnight, Bella."

I walked out of her room, closing the door softly before tightening my tie and walking down the stairs. I wandered down to my cellar room. A man strapped down to a chair by one of my Soldatos-soldiers.

I looked at him for a while, standing in the dark shadows, leaning against the wall. His eyes were closed, but I knew he was awake. "When is it that you're going to kill me? I'll tell you like I've told the men before you, I'm not a snitch."

"You're not a snitch?" I scoffed, walking closer with my hands buried in my pockets. Blood took over every inch of his face as one of his eyes were beaten shut. Even his lip looked punctured and swollen.

He laughed unenthusiastically before bringing his eyes up to meet mine. "I just can't wait until everything is taken from you," the man spoke before spitting out a large glob of spit.

"In order to take everything, you have to have it, don't you idiota?" I asked him before reaching down to grab my gun. [ dumba*s ]

My actions stopped at the sound of his words. "You have a girl; Orabella Martinez, isn't it?" He asked, smiling at his words as blood crept down to his teeth. He laughed again, only this time, it was full of enthusiasm.

"What the hell did you just say to me?" I asked, grabbing ahold of the neck of his shirt. He did nothing, but continue his idiotic laugh as if he just said the most funniest thing in the world.

"You didn't take a moment to interpret what having a soft spot could do to the masterful Don. Especially when word gets out," he chuckled out. My fist collided with the side of his face in seconds just as I grabbed my gun from the inside of my pants.

"What's the name of your boss?" I asked him, placing the head of my gun against his temple. Once again, he laughed hysterically which began to really piss me off.

"Shoot me," he spoke smiling at his words.

I pulled my gun away from his temple causing him to snicker. "See, I knew the b*tch would make you soft," he spoke out.

I laughed with him sarcastically before lowering my gun and blasted it off-shooting him right in the genitals. "What's his name?"

He screamed out from the pain in his lower region. His body going limp for a second.

"I'm not tellin' you nothin' man!" He shouted despite his body telling him to just let it out already. I smiled at him, a smile that not too many people see.