[6]

Your eyes fluttered open, you didn't want to move as you felt numb. But every one of your senses came back one by one. First it was your vision, then your hearing, then your sense of touch. You noticed how cold and hard the floor was. Then finally the pain kicked in. You groaned in pain as you rolled over. Blood was pulsing in your brain as sharp pains were erupting all over your torso.

You had to admit, you had dealt with worse. But without any medical supplies like you would normally have after taking care of a bounty, it was hard to get back into the swing of things. You had to get up, you didn't even know when Mando would be back, or if he was already here. You got up, your mind was telling you to stop, practically screaming at you, but you resisted falling back down as you tried to stand up. You still had the knife in your hand, it now stained with blood nearly all the way down to the handle. You set it down on a shelf where you'd be able to reach it again without having to lean over and  grab it. You looked around for any bandage wrapping or pain relieving bacta spray.

You did find bandages and began to tightly wrap it around your torso, starting from the bottom and going up. You had to admit, having pressure on your cracked ribs made it feel better, You then grabbed the knife and double checked the blaster holster, in which it was thankfully still there. You looked out the window to see it wasn't quite mid-day yet, so you decided to clean Mando's knife.

When it was clean you put it back into your hilt. You also couldn't help but notice your clothing was still damp because of being thrown into the pond the night before, so you spent some time drying them out. While they might not be clean it was better than walking around butt-naked or in partly soaked clothing. You walked outside to see the two men who you'd originally met not too far away. They both stood up and rushed over to you. "We saw you sucessfully killed the beast. Thank you." He said as he handed you the credits as promised. You smiled, "No problem." You said, hiding any pain that might spring up. "I'll be on my way now." You said and the two men looked at you confused. "You aren't staying for another night? We promised lodging." One of them said and you nodded, "You provided lodging, that's where I stayed, and you payed. I only needed it for one night." You explained and the man sighed, "I'm so sorry we can't offer you more." And you shook your head, "No worries, you've helped me more than you know." You said.

You couldn't hold a grudge against these people, they worked their butts off daily just to make a living for their family, and the beast was terrorizing the poor town. Plus, you were sucessfully hidden from the Empire on the planet.

Once you had said your goodbyes you made your way back to the main village where the pub was. You entered and bought a bowl of bone broth soup. You slurped on it for awhile until you heard heavy footsteps enter the pub. You turned around to see the Mando walk in. You then paid for the services provided to you and thanked the woman. You got up and walked over to the Mando.

You both left the pub in silence as you hid your pain while walking. "What happened last night?" Mando simply asked and you smiled, "I know it looks rough but it's not too bad. But I killed the beast and got paid." You said and the Mando tilted his head as he looked at you. "How much?" He asked and you shrugged, "Probably a little over a thousand." You said and the Mando stopped, "That's nowhere near the planetary pay for a bounty hunter." He said and you shook your head, "They're farmers, they don't make much as it is. The whole village pitched in to pay me as well as provide me shelter. If it weren't for them I'd have had to sleep outside and probably get eaten by some carnivor, or even get killed by that beast because I wouldn't have known he was there." You argued and you heard an elongated sigh erupt from the Mando.

You both continued your way back to the Razor Crest and after the ship had lifted off the planet and was off to whatever system, you asked Mando, "Do you have any bacta spray by chance?" You asked and he nodded as he got up and grabbed a bottle, he tossed it to you which you caught with ease but the quick movement pained you. "I think my ship's medical scanner should take a look just in case." Mando said and you shook your head. "It's just a few scrapes, I'll be fine." You said but the Mando didn't move. You raised an eyebrow as you looked up at him. "If that's so then that's what the scanner will tell us." He said and you rolled your eyes. "Okay fine." You grumbled and Mando showed you to the scanner.

You stepped in and stood still as it scanned you from top to the bottom. The scanner let out two warning beeps and you closed your eyes as you let out a sigh. You really didn't want anyone knowing your condition as you knew they'd see you as weak. You weren't weak and you didn't need to be treated like a baby.

"You should have said something." Mando said and you shook your head. "I'm not weak." You whispered, but it was loud enough for Mando to hear. "What do you mean? Weak? You've kept up this facade with three broken ribs for most likely hours. Y/N your rib nearly punctured your left lung. Please just lay down." He said and you nodded reluctantly.

"You should have told me.." He mumbled as he looked at you while you sat down on a table. "Do you at least have bandages wrapped around your torso?" He asked and you nodded. Mando reached up for a moment but he hesitated, "May I?" He asked as he held the hem of your shirt. You gulped but nodded and he lifted it up to see poorly wrapped bandages around your torso.

He unwrapped them to reveal your terribly scraped and awfully bruised torso. He began to use the bacta spray and you hissed as it stung, the Mando mumbled apologies. He then grabbed clean bandage wrappings and carefully but securely wrapped it around your torso. "You should get some rest." He said and you nodded. The Mando helped you down from the table and showed you where the bed was.

You lied down and the Mandalorian left to let you get some shut-eye. All the meanwhile you thought of the Mando and all he's done for you as you drifted off into a deep sleep.