Never Call Me

Jhene Aiko's Never Call Me was a song I screamed in the shower one to many times. The song resonated with me deeply. Melo hadn't called me in days, and even when he did call we only talked for a couple minutes before he had to get off the phone for "mandatory workouts" or "team bonding". I was starting to feel like I wasn't a priority to him and it was really hurting me, I needed to call someone and vent. So I called Jaden.

"I totally get him living on the other side of the world and trying to get in the NBA is a lot on him, but fuck a simple text would suffice." I cried to Jaden over FaceTime.

"Yeah dude, that's really lame. Maybe you should call him? Let him know how you feel. Have you told him how you feel?"

"No, we're never on the phone long enough for me to have a chance." I sniffled, getting up to grab some toilet paper to wipe my nose.

There was a knock on my door.

"Jaden let me call you back somebody's here."

"Okay, love you girl."

"Love you too." I smiled hanging up the phone. Grabbing my extra soft blanket from off the couch and tossing it over my head and around my body I made my way to my apartment door. I tried to look through the peephole, but oddly enough it was black. Somebody was playing with my fucking door.

"Fuck off!" I yelled opening the door, not knowing who it was, I wasn't in the mood.

"Damn, that's no way to treat yo nigga." Melo laughed pushing his way in. I was taken aback, he never mentioned coming home.

"Surprise!" He held his arms out expecting me to run into them. His face slowly filled with confusion once he realized I wasn't going to. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to, but how could I with the way he's treated me lately.

"What's wrong with you? You been crying?" He stepped to me closing the gap between us two. Grabbing my face in his hands, he wiped my tear stains with his thumbs.

I frowned my face up slapping his hands away.

"Are you not happy to see me?"

I sucked in my breath. "I am Melo, I am."

"It don't seem like it." His eyebrows furrowed. It almost seemed like he was finna catch an attitude with me.

"I mean fuck Melo! We haven't spoken in days and when we did speak we barely talked, so fuck me if I'm upset it seems like my boyfriend doesn't care about me anymore."  I expected tears to flow but I guess I've cried too much already. "Do you even love me anymore? Do I mean anything to you anymore?"

"I-I of course I love you and of course you mean something to me you mean everything to me."

"Well it doesn't feel like it."  I pouted, looking down. "Maybe we should.." I trailed off not really wanting to say it. He grabbed my face again lifting it up so our eyes met each other.

"Forreal, I'm sorry I wasn't there like I should've been. I should've answered your calls and made more time to talk to you. I just got so caught up over there, this is a new experience for me and I'm still learning how to balance all this. But I promise, I'll make it up to you and I'll do better." He pleaded with watery eyes. I'd never seen him this close to crying before. "Baby, I love you."

I just stared at him.

"You believe me?"

I did. I've spent two years with this man. How could I not?

"Yeah, I love you too." I nodded my head standing on my tippy toes, grabbing my waist he kissed me ever so passionately.

LaMelo Ball Imagines
✗ Comment, vote, and follow me ✗
I noticed I write better imagines when I relate them to songs,so yuh. Share with your friends ❤️