smile pt.1 | fuegoleon vermillion x disturbed!reader

Author's Note:

"Light up your face with gladness. Hide, every trance of sadness. Although a tear may be ever so near."

My first oneshot of 2020. Enjoy.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(L/n) = Last Name

(B/n) = Brother's Name

I've served as a Magic Knight in this kingdom for five years now. Joining the Crimson Lions was the best decision I've ever made. I couldn't be happier.

"(Y/n), look me in the eyes and tell me what you saw."

Even though life can be cruel and trying, it's all worth the struggle. In the end, you walk away with valuable lessons. All your hardships are making you stronger.

"Come on, (L/n). Enough with the silent treatment. We need answers. You're our only surviving witness of the attack. "

Sometimes there's no escape from your anxieties. Most of the time, you feel cornered and afraid. You want someone to hold you close and say everything's alright. But you know you're on your own. You're now a deer in headlights. You're in trance...when suddenly everything hits you at once.

"Has she said anything yet?"

"No, sir. She's just been staring blankly at that lightbulb. The poor girl's probably burning her damn retinas."

I just want to go home again. There's nothing wrong here. There's nothing to discuss. As far as I'm concerned, this is all just a bad dream. So why the hell am I sitting here?

"(Y/n), we understand that you're most likely in shock right now, but we need to cooperate so we can get to the bottom of this. Please say something. Blink twice if you hear me."

This constant nagging is becoming unbearable. Some people don't know when to give up. Can't they see the smile on my face?

"Look, we really don't want to call your captain in here, but he might be the only one who can make you talk."

Now is not the time to threaten me. This whole time, I've been trying to communicate with you, but my body won't move. A smile is all I can manage. Just give me a second to find my voice. Once I do, I'll tell you I'm okay.

"Yeah, just go get him. He's probably worried about her anyway."

"Yes, sir."

I'll wait for you, Captain. But don't expect me to weep in your arms. I'm a Crimson Lion...just like you. We're strong. Remember all those times I've cheered you up? I gave you my biggest and brightest smile as I held your hand. I want to show you that you can still be happy in unfortunate circumstances. I do this for the ones I love.

"Where is she?"

"Right this way, sir. We've been trying to get her to say something, but she won't speak. I think she might be in shock."