iv . Me, Myself and I

wanna dedicate this chapter to daniellawrites02
unexpected Wattpad friend 😆 ilysm babe

╔═══════════════╗

chapter four.
( titan's curse )
me, myself and I! ❞

╚═══════════════╝

      Percy's ignoring me.

Originally I was determined to get him to talk to me, but after the few cold looks he would send me, I've decided I would ignore him back.

Which, I guess is not really getting us anywhere.

But it's giving me a sense of petty achievement. If you ignore me well I'm just gonna ignore you back.

Lee was frustrated. He just wanted us to not fight and get over ourselves. But it wasn't me that was in the wrong, it was Percy—he was ignoring me! I'm just ignoring him back ...

Maybe he's right. But, how the hell was I supposed to talk to him when he didn't even want to glance at me? Usually, I would go and ask Annabeth for help, but ... well ...

I ended up skipping breakfast to sit by the beach. The last time I was here, I was with Percy, Annabeth and Tyson where we were hiding from the harpies and trying to hijack Luke's boat, The Princess Andromeda. It looked very different to how it had this summer: the sand was capped with snow, and the wind of Long Island howled against the trees and branches. Even with a huge jumper and coat, I felt the wind hit me like it was touching bare skin.

Somewhere out there, Annabeth was alive. Somewhere out there, Luke was still on his search to rebuild Kronos and Jay with him.

I thought that betrayal would become easier after you've dealt with it once. But no. Not even Luke could prepare me for Jay. I trusted Jay with everything ... with my dreams, my quests, the prophecies ... and he only just gave them straight back to Luke without any remorse.

I hated him.

I died trying to save Luke. I won't try to save Jay this time. I won't save either of them. They don't deserve it.

And yet there was still that temptation to jump right into the water and swim after them.

"Oh! Sorry!"

I turned around and saw Cain Richards. The thirteen-year-old (I've come to know), stood by the edge of the forest with his hands wringing. He was afraid to come any closer, and I arched a brow.