vi . Dead Girl's Not Invited

╔═══════════════╗

chapter six.
(  titan's curse  )
❝ dead girl's not invited! ❞

╚═══════════════╝

      Here is the thing:

        1. The Oracle of Delphi—in all my time at camp—has never left her post in the attic. She stayed up there through thick and thin. She's survived all the leaks and the broken roofs, gone through tons of demigods and never, not one, has she moved an inch.

       2. The Oracle moved—for the first time!—for Zoë. Why the hell Zoë? What did she ever do to deserve a hero's quest to go save Artemis? I mean, she's a huntress so it kinda makes sense but still.

       3. The Oracle didn't mention Annabeth. At all.

       4. I am never moving her back up to the attic ever again.

     Setting her on her dusty chair was the best thing I've ever experienced because I was done holding her slimy skin and carrying her all the way up from the forest to the Big House and up three flights of stairs. No thank you.

      "That was gross," said Grover as he dusted his hands. I gave him a look and blew my hair out of my face. I didn't want to touch it with my slimy dead-Oracle-touched hands. 

      Percy didn't say anything. He just started to lead the way down the stairs. His brows were furrowed, and I knew he was thinking. His brain was ticking away, and I had a feeling it was about Annabeth and the Oracle refusing to answer his questions.

       Yeah, I've was let in on all the gossip that I missed as we were taking up Miss Dead-I'm-Not-Dead-But-I'll-Tell-How-You'll-Die back to the attic.

       Finally, the Son of Poseidon stuffed his hands in his pockets and asked, "What will Chiron do?"

      I shrugged, and Grover sighed. "I wish I knew." The satyr glanced wistfully out of the second-floor window at the rolling hills covered in snow. "I want to be out there."

       "Searching for Annabeth?"

      He had a little trouble focusing on Percy. He then blushed. "Oh, right. That too. Of course."

      "Why?" I frowned. "What were you thinking?"

      He shuffled on his hooves nervously. "When we were down getting Bianca, Nico and Cain, the manticore ... well, it was just something he said, about the Great Stirring. I can't help but wonder ... if all those ancient powers are waking up, maybe ... maybe not all of them are evil."