Do I deserve this? -6

I'm in the music room right now, the past few days have been pretty boring other than: James joining the troop again, having to help West with his ballet and some of Elite joining B-Troop like Abi...

(What I'm wearing⤴️)

I was just sitting there when Richelle walked in.

"El?"

"Hey R" I smile.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Her face looked upset/mad.

"Sure, what's up?" I spin to face her.

"Why are you and Noah on A-Troop and not me? More especially. You?"

I was a little taken aback by her hostility, "um" I furrow my eyebrows "I was in B-Troop?"

"Sure. But you're not even that good!"

Tears well in my eyes but I don't let them fall. "Well I'm sorry. I can't do anything about it!"

"You don't deserve that spot! I do!"

"I'm sorry I got chosen and not you!"

"Ugh!" She yelled before walking out.

Little did we know, someone over heard us arguing. But didn't say anything. I let the tears fall, as I put on a song, and began to dance.

*song: Unsteady by X Ambassadors*

I start dancing but something feels off, I'm not dancing to my full capability. I try a few tricks but when I try my Ariel, I fall. What? I never mess up on ariels! What is going on?

I try again, but I fall out of it again.

"Ugh!" I rasp. I get up to try again but someone stops me.

"Hey. Hey. Hey." They turn me around and grabs my arms. "Your gonna just  hurt yourself."

"I can do ariels, Noah! They're the easiest!" I yell pulling away and I try but yet again I fall. "Ugh!!"

"El! Stop!" He says harshly. That makes me stop. "If you're gonna do it, grab a mat."

But I just walk over to the wall, slide down and wrap my arms around my legs. I feel him sit down next to me, but I dont dare look. He can't see me cry.

"I heard what Richelle said to you."

"I don't know what you're on about." I say sarcastically.

"Ellie. Look at me."

I reluctantly look, his eyes go straight to my tears. "What? You wanna say she's right? That she deserves it more that me?"

"Never El!" He says furrowing his eyebrows, "why would I ever say that?"

"Because she thinks it! What if I don't deserve it." I say wiping my tears.

"Listen to me. You deserve this spot more than her. You're talented and amazing! Ellie, don't let anyone say any different." He stops for a second before nudging my shoulder, "and don't tell her but I think you dance better."

That puts a smile on my face. He stands up and offers his hand, which i gladly take. He walks me over to the music and put on a song.

*Song: I found by Amber Run*

We begin to slowly dance, it's a contemporary/ballet combo, which makes for an amazing duet. We do fouettés at the start - we both are really good with turning, but not as good as Eldon. At the end we end up doing a lift, which is not meant for our age, but we nailed it. As Noah put me down, I jumped into his arms, I sorta dangled there before he released me.

"Thank you." I say with a grin On my face. " I needed this, I love dancing with you."

"That was an amazing Duet!! I hope that helped." He said while smiling.

"It did."

"Try Your Ariel?"

I nod and do my Ariel, only to fall out of it again.

"Don't worry, it'll come back." He said nudging my shoulder and grabbing my hand.

My face turns pink as he does this and I get really nervous.

"I- uh I hope s-so." I awkwardly laugh.

"It will." He squeezed my hand again but this time I almost felt like I was going to die.

I think back too that moment.

' "You'll be fine, Anyway, I've got a question."
I furrow my eye brows, "yeah?"
"Do you think Abi likes me?"
It felt like my heart shattered as soon as heard those words, I don't like Noah? Do I? No. I can't. He's just a friend...
"U-Um, I don't know." I stumbled over my words and sat down on the bench, Noah following my actions.'

Do I like Noah?