Chapter Eight

Posted a pic of Isabella Stanford (Christian Serratos) ~~~~~>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isabella was surprised at how she became so popular overnight! Newspapers and magazines had her face with titles like, 'Billionaire Heiress' Debut', 'Isabella Stanford, Heiress with Class' and 'How to Achieve the Stanford Heiress' hairstyle'. She was shocked. How to achieve her hairstyle was the funniest because her hair was naturally curled.

Again, the always-followed Liam was beside her. He was the reason why people noticed her. Liam's life was what got the reporters and paparazzi paid handsomely so if someone showed up beside him, it meant there was a definitely good story behind it.

She dreadfully accepted that there was a very good story. She was helplessly in love with a Billionaire Playboy who made his attraction for long-legged, slender models with thousand-dollar haircuts known. She could never compete with the likes of Audrey or the extravagant Sheridan Applegate she got glimpse of at the party but she was definitely standing in the limelight with them thanks to her fortune.

Isabella didn't have the chance to see Liam that morning. He was already up before her and was gone by the time she went hunting for him. He was avoiding her, that much she knew and her heart squeeze tightly at the thought that maybe she pushed him too far. What if he didn't want her to stay? What if he didn't want to say anything until that final day when she decided to leave?

She didn't want to leave him but if this strategy of hers pushed him to make a decision about what she was to him then she was going to endure the torture.

The ringing of the phone startled Isabella. Before she could answer, there was a knock at the door.

“I'll answer the phone!” Stella called from the kitchen.

Isabella went answer the door and the moment she saw who it was, she wished she hadn't.

“Hello celebrity!” Christy entered with over ten magazines in her hands. She grinned so brightly that she put the sun to shame.

Isabella rolled her eyes and followed her. “I didn't take you for a magazine fanatic...unless you were checking out for new diet pills!”

Christy turned to her coolly. “Because I'm in a good mood today and I'll let no one dampen it—not even you, Isabella--I'll let that corky comment slide.” She slumped onto the couch and began flipping the pages. “'Liam, Stefan and the Stanford Heiress?' 'The Billionaire Playboy Duo out with their new Toy?'” She corked her eyebrow at Isabella as she showed her the big photos of her and Liam and the red circle that showed them holding hands while Stefan stood protectively close beside her. “Love Triangle Between Business Playboys?”

Isabella's eyes widened. She remembered when Liam tried to sooth her that day. Someone got that on camera! “How did they get this?” She yanked the magazine from Christy and curled up on the opposite sofa.

Christy yanked it back with a frown. “So, it wasn't photoshopped?”

Isabella ran a hand over her face.

Christy corked her eyebrow again quizzically. “Well, unfortunately for you, it has appeared in five magazines. So, is there something going on between the three of you? Some twisted love triangle that is bound to end in a tragedy maybe?”

Love triangle? Was that  what it was? She didn't have any feelings for Stefan but could not she say the same for him. What was going on between the two of them? “I got uncomfortable and Liam took it to himself to assure me it was going to be okay. It was just a small hand squeeze! Stefan was just being protective too!” Rather than try to explain what she too couldn't figure out, she chose the easy way out. Avoid answering the goddamn question!