Chapter 28: Closet

Lisa Pov

"Lisa"

She calls my name so softly, and then I felt her small hand cupped my cheek turning my head to her. She was so gentle, there's something different on the way she look at me, or I am just assuming things.

Needless to say, I felt something different as well. The way the air seems thinner as I breathe, or the way my chest felt so full. I stopped at my pace and gulped as I hummed in response looking at her eyes.

Her eyes travel and follow her own hand from fixing my hair and tucking it behind my ear to slowly rubbing my cheek with her thumb. "You ask me not to leave you-"

She mumbles, and finally return my gaze.

"Uhmm", my lips pursed as I nod at her.

"But, between us. I think it's you who's going to leave me."

She said that made my eyes narrow, I quickly started walking again, so we can talk about it the soonest. I can't bear seeing her being this unsure. As soon as we got inside my room and kicking the door closed behind me, I headed towards my bed and laid her down on it.

And went up to lie beside her, pulling my blanket and covering our bareness. As soon as we got ourselves covered, she moves closer to me, I opened my arm and slipped it behind her neck so she can snuggle close to me.

"Now, tell me why did you say that?", I ask resting my chin above her head while she's comfortable resting on my chest.

"Because you're still in love with her. And if it happens that she's in love with you too, then I know for sure you're gonna leave me.", she muttered that took me off guard.

My brows knitted, as I tilt my head to see her face. "You're sure? Are you really that unsure with me?" It was my turn to ask, she tilt her head up to face me.

I heave a sigh, "I understand, actually you do not have to answer. Because I know I'm the reason why you can't fully trust me."

"It's because I'm not giving you enough assurance," I added, as my lips pursed.

"To answer you, I think it's a bit late. If ever she's in love with me now, that I'm with you? It's too late, I have such a beautiful and sexy sunbae with me now, I'll be the dumbest person in the world if I'm gonna let you go."

"But you love her? You can be dumb, when you're in love it doesn't matter."

She quickly retorted.

My eyes widened. She's so sharp.

I snorted. "Now, I get it why you're the best cop we have in our department. Damn how can you come up with that?"

"You're just so bad at reasoning."

She said harshly.

I froze.

And let out a loud laugh.

"Oh, God you never fail to amaze me," I said still chuckling. When I stopped I look at her with a serious gaze. Because I want to clear things up. "Ok, look. I love her I do, she's one of those people I wanted to keep, a friend who's been really good to me. Now if it happened that she's in love with me-" I paused. Taking a deep breath.

"Then I have to stay away from her." I continued.

She bit her lip. Still looking to my eyes.

"I'm with you now Jieun, I'm not gonna do something so wrong like that to you no matter how much I cherish her. I'm gonna keep my words to you. It's ok if you do not believe me now, I won't stop saying this over and over again. I'm not gonna leave you for her."