⚜Chapter 6⚜

Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

❇❇❇❇

If fairytales are real, then she is the kind of princess no prince or king could ever handle. She was not made for ballgowns and parties but for battlefields and saddles.

❇❇❇❇

"Come on, what are you doing, Elijah?" Isabelle whined for the third time in the morning.

"Stop fussing, I'm just braiding your hair." He grinned.

"How do you even know how to braid?" She asked looking up at him from where she was lying down on his chest.

The two had spent the night together after Elijah had explained the urgency of the entire Sophie Deveraux and the Harvest ritual situation to the whole family. 

They talked about what she'd been up to before the Mikaelson family came back to New Orleans. 

He told him about his time in Seattle, visiting old friends and she told him about everything she could find on their Parabatai bond, excluding the fact that they could have a child together. 

She somehow wanted to wait before she revealed this information to him.

"Well, if you don't remember, I used to have longer hair once; considering that I indeed am a thousand-year-old." He boasted making her snort. 

"Okay, old man." She joked.

"Says the ten-thousand-year-old Queen of fossils." He reverted making her pout at him before she turned around to lightly smack his bicep, making him chuckle.

"Well, this is certainly a jolly morning," Niklaus announced as he and Stefan entered the parlor where Isabelle and Elijah were lounging on the couch. 

Elijah scrunched up his nose at the smell of fresh blood as he and Isabelle turned around to find a compelled girl standing by the door with bite marks on her neck. 

Isabelle turned to look at Niklaus questioningly, "What's up with Jane Doe?" She asked as Elijah's veins threatened to protrude, considering he was still in need of some warm blood. But he controlled his instincts. 

"Well, this is a little gift for you both. Considering you're still not talking to us." Stefan spoke up as he folded his hands on his chest and a guilty expression took over his face. 

This was Niklaus' idea and Stefan knew very well that this was not enough to earn Izzy's forgiveness. 

All the young vampire could hope for was that this didn't make Isabelle more furious at them. Although the way she was glaring at the two didn't really give either of them any reassurance of that fact. 

"You think this," Elijah waved his hand towards the human blood bag, "is what's gonna get you both your forgiveness for keeping me daggered for months and betraying Isa in her plans by trying to harm Davina?" The elder brother questioned slyly as Niklaus let out a tired sigh.

"Look, I-"

"Enough." Isabelle stood up gesturing her palm towards Niklaus to stop him from speaking any further, "This is the most relaxed I've been in the past months. I won't spoil that because of your childish acts. And as for her, I think I could use a bite." She smirked as an idea popped into her head. Niklaus looked pleased that Isabelle had accepted his peace offering.