6 |

It feels like less than a second before I lay on the floor, my head harshly slamming against the nearest stall. Kaden is across the bathroom with a man, who I have assumed is Klayton, looming over him. I could feel a pain in the back of my head. Ouch. My hand instinctively reaches up and touches where I can feel the source of pain. Blood drips from my fingers as I pull my arm in front of my face to examine. I shudder at the sight, before coming to my senses.

I can hear Klayton yelling at Kaden. Most of it is coming in cut off sentences as I'm still adjusting to everything around me. The shouting hasn't stopped. I hear a multitude of things.

"Don't you ever..." My head pounds. "How dare you..." I feel fuzzy. "She's mine..."

My hearing is also fuzzy, but I swear I can hear the sound of bones crunching as Klayton hits a submissive looking Kaden. I flinch hard every time I hear his fist slamming down. I begin to crawl towards them, and I cry out.

"Stop! Klayton, Please!"

I reach out to grab Klayton's shoulder in an attempt to stop his next swing, and as soon as my hand makes contact with his skin he recoils and stops almost instantaneously; as if I have shocked him. His dark eyes reach mine and it's like he forgets that Kaden is in the room. Concern and worry flash across his face when he realizes that I'm hurt, although right now I'm caught up in his beauty for a fleeting moment and he reaches out for my face.

"Adira," He whispers.

I shake myself out of this trance and push past him. I hover over Kaden; unsure of how to help. He is unconscious and blood covers most of his face but I'm hopeful when I see the shallow rise and fall of his chest. The tip of his nose is turned to the side and his eye was starting to swell over; turning a dark shade of purple. I avoid touching him, as I don't want to cause more pain. A hand grabs my wrist and I turn back to see Klayton looking deadly in more way than one.

Isaac bursts in and seems not surprised by the lack of a door, which now barely hangs on its hinges. Isaac briefly locks eyes with Klayton before turning to Kaden.

"Poor bastard," he mutters as he drags Kaden's limp body out of the room. My wrist is still being tightly held and I try to shake it off.

"Oh my God, where is he taking him? You almost killed him! What is wrong with you!" My protests stop when I am lifted into the air, my breath catches and is immediately knocked out of me when I'm pushed down onto a counter.

"Adira, calm down I need to see your head." Klayton's voice almost demands my silence as I let him part my hair at the back of my head. "Shit, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to push you that hard, I just couldn't stand the sight of him touching what is mine." He says, as he gently prods at the cut.

"Yours?"

You have got to be kidding me.

Unexplained anger pushes through me and I slap his hands away from my head. I jump off the counter but recognize my mistake. I have to steady myself using the side of a sink. Apart of me feels violated. I don't belong to anyone, but another part of me welcomes the idea of being wanted by him.

I finally get a good look at my Professor as I hold myself up while refusing his hand. I'm suddenly taken aback by his casual dress attire; joggers hang from his hip and a tight t-shirt hugs every dip in his muscles. His chest puffs out like a born leader.  His hair sticks up as he seems to have run his hands through it many times anxiously. It makes it look like he had just gotten out of bed. I drag my eyes down his body one more time.

Not a bad look on him, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in bed.

I curse myself silently. How do I let myself think about these things?