CHAPTER 18 - THAT LOCK ON YOUR HEART

Chapter 18 – That Lock on Your Heart

Arnav's POV

I looked at the time on my phone, it was 345PM, and I asked uncle – " how much more time until we reach the resort uncle??"

He answered – "another fifteen minutes or so Arnav beta.."

I nodded – " ok uncle.."

And I closed my eyes and leaned back in the backseat of my car. The minute I had stepped into the car and the drive to Neemrana had begun, it was as if everything inside of my head had switched off, everything except for the thoughts and the emotions related to Khushi.

I had spent the last couple of hours just rethinking everything, the past, and the present, and all that Lavanya had revealed to me, and my mind was working over working its neurons as I tried to think this through, because I had to be very careful here as I approached Khushi with this topic.

I had to get her to tell me about this herself.

And for that, I just had to use a little mind-game here, because there was no other way that Khushi would open up to me about it.

She would only talk about it if she had to bring it all out in the open, in order to defend someone else that was dear to her.

And that was exactly I had to use to get through to her.

And I couldn't wait to reach already and see her in front of me, because now that the truth about her divorce was out, my heart that was so deeply and madly in love with her, had started to hope a little, that what if – there was some hope for my emotions in here, afterall??

I sighed as I looked at my phone – 5 more minutes and I'd be there.

I was sure, I could get Khushi to talk.. I had known her so well in the past.

We were really close back then, even as friends, we always clicked so well back then even before we started dating and now, I had no other choice but to use that tangent from my past in the present today.

..............................

Fifteen minutes later, I quickly made my way down the stairs towards the poolside, as the executive guided me , that was where the shoot was currently going on , and I had just asked them to send my luggage in my room itself, for I did not have to much to waste here.

And as I walked towards the location, and finally set my eyes on Khushi, as she stood next to Anshul and his assistant, busy in a conversation ; my world literally lit up.For uptil now, everytime I looked at her, my heart had been breaking with the realisation of the love lost and that theres a boundary around her, that I couldn't ever cross, but today as I looked at her with the other side of the truth that the boundary was now, non-existent – it finally felt like that the love I longed for, was not forbidden anymore.

I controlled the emtoions my heart was starting to throw in my face and I fought the urge to just take Khushi's hand and get her aside to talk, no metter how much I wanted, I couldn't be emotional about this right now.

I had to be calculatively smart.

Right then the crowd spotted me and I saw Anshul and Khushi look up at me at the same time and the confusion on Khushis face was clear as she gave me a nod as an acknowldgement of my presence, and returned to chair and picked up her laptop to resume her work, and Anshul walked upto me as he greeted me – " ASR, what a surprise this is?? I thought you couldn't join us for this schedule..."

I gave him a smile , and spoke, loud enough to make sure that everyone around heard it – " yes, but I was with Akash this morning for a business meeting, and he suggested I come here and be with all of you, since wev been planning this for so many days, he insisted, and it made sense too...so yes, here I am..",and Anshul grinned – " that's great ASR, everything is going well, according to the schedule and we are pretty much on time too, we were just about to take a small break for some snacks and tea, and then resume in 30 minutes for another one hour of work..we should be done by 6.."