Chapter-43

Xavier Knight

Ariana, this one name and this one woman was stuck in my mind since I confessed my feelings to myself. The last two weeks had been very busy and exhausting because of the new project in France, but seeing her face, her encouraging smile after non-stop work takes away all the exhaustion. Her mere presence was enough to make me calm. I had smiling more these days. Sean and Daniel were throwing teasing remarks at me but I kept ignoring them. I would tell them my newfound feelings for Ariana but not yet. I knew they must have sensed something that's why they were teasing me and Ariana. They make Ariana blush with their teasing remarks.

I have been taking more care of her. She refused to sleep in my room. I knew she was uncomfortable, so, I agreed. But that didn't stop me from checking her at least four times in the middle of the night to make sure she was okay. I also extended the number of lessons to compensate for her not sleeping with me. I had been teaching her more and more lessons. I also sensed her discomfort while kissing so I didn't proceed anything further.

Although she's so tempting that she's giving me painful days and nights, it was extremely hard to stay away from her yet I had been enduring the pain pretty well because I was taking everything slow, I didn't want to scare her. I didn't know how I was controlling myself but I had to do it, for her. But I couldn't resist the heat that flows in my body whenever I was near her. I couldn't ignore the sparks that ignited in me when I touched her.

These days she had been smiling more and doing her work energetically. I gave her the most important task: to revise the France project documents because she's the best choice for that work. She had been doing her work more precisely and at the end of the day, the work she would show me blows my mind away. She's doing her work with perfection.

So, as a return gift for her hard work, I had a surprise for her which I'd give her tonight.

I was driving back to my office building from a meeting. I wanted to bring Ariana with me but the work she's handling was more important than the meeting so I left her with the work.

I parked my car in the private parking lot and walked out towards the entrance of the building. I was about to enter when my eyes landed on Ariana. I frowned when I saw her. She wasn't alone, she was with that bloody Kevin and she was laughing at whatever he was saying to her. He also gave a shoulder bump to her. Dammit!

My blood boiled looking at that scene. What was she doing with him? And what was he saying that was making her laugh.

Hell, I should be the one making her laugh. I should be the one spending time with her. How dare he snatch my duties? 

Fuming in anger, I reached my office and waited for her to come back. After almost five minutes of waiting, I called her to my office. I waited for her near the door. As soon as she entered my office I pulled her by her waist and backing her against the wall, I crashed my lips on her.

I kissed her fast and roughly, I poured all my jealousy, possessiveness, and anger into the kiss. Her moans made me kiss her more passionately. I only released her lips when we were short of breath. I pulled away and cupped her head between my hands and made her look at me.

"What were you doing with him?" I asked firmly. I was still angry.

"W..who?" She asked, breathing heavily.

"Kevin, who else?" I gritted my teeth.

"We were...ju...just gone for lunch." She said in a low voice.

"Lunch? Then why was he getting cozy with you? What was he saying that made you laugh, huh?" I asked sternly. She flinched at the hardness of my voice. Fuck! I shouldn't have been too harsh on her.