03

—

I let out a scream of horror as I banged the window and sobbed, "DAD!" I screamed out, "H-HES DEAD!" I cried out, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist as I was turned around and pulled into a hard chest, "D-Dad." I sobbed into the boys chest.

"Shh," The boy ran his fingers through my hair softly, "I-It's going to be alright, I promise," He softly murmured, as I continued crying into his chest, "Fucks sake." I heard him mutter, as he still held me tightly.

I had officially lost the most important person in my life, and at this moment, I didn't care if I'd end up dead or not.

I pushed the boy away and walked past him, "Where the fuck are you going!" He asked, quickly following behind me as I walked towards the door, my heart beating rapidly as the tears continued to roll down my cheeks.

"T-To my father." I cried out, opening the door and just as I did, I was held back, "Let me go!" I sobbed out. The boy clenched his jaw and shook his head.

"No," he coldly replied, "You're going to get yourself killed and I'm not letting that happen." He slammed the door back after he pulled me in.

"Good! I fucking hope I do!" It was funny how I was now the one who wished to be dead, moments ago, he was the one, I breathed out heavily, "J-Just please, l-let me go get him at least." I refused to believe he was dead, maybe a miracle could happen and he'd come back to life.

"He's dead! He's fucking dead!" The boy suddenly yelled. I looked at him in shock, as my hopes went down the roof. He was right. My father is dead, "I-I'm sorry," The boy apologized, he walked towards me and pulled me into a tight hug, again, "Y'know, you aren't the only one." He suddenly spoke up. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, as I held back the sobs.

"W-What do you m-mean?" I pulled away from the hug and looked up at him. Did he lose his family too? Is that why he was homeless?

"I lost both of my parents years ago during the purge," He sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair, "It fucked me up, real bad, but I got over it," He shrugged, "They weren't the best to me, but it still hit me." He lowly chuckled.

"I-I'm sorry," I wiped my tears, I felt relief that I knew that now I wasn't the only one who has lost both of their parents, "I-I never got your name?" I know now wasn't the time, but just in case, I did needed to know his name.

"Alejandro." He replied. Alejandro? That was a cute name, for a cute guy too. I sighed heavily and looked out the window again, my fathers body wasn't there anymore and as well as the group of masked people, "Don't bother looking out there..." He trailed off, I assumed he waited for my name.

"Audrey." I softly replied. He sent me a small smile before walking past me and towards the window, I watched as he shut the curtains down blocking my view of the street, "Why'd you do that?" I confusingly asked. How are we supposed to know of the people coming towards us?

"I don't think you'd like the sight of countless of people getting murdered now do you?" He raised an eyebrow at me. He was right. I sniffled and wondered where my dad's body was at? What if cane back to life and is out the front door, "The dumpster, most likely." I dazed out of my thoughts, Did I say that out loud? Crap.

"The dumpster?" I asked. Alejandro nodded his head and ran another hand through his hair, before clicking his tongue again.

"Usually its where dead bodies get dumped in." He said. How'd he know that? Was he a serial killer? Oh god, what if he ends up killing me!

"H-How do-" I got cut off again. I watched as he chuckled and looked around the room, as if he was looking for something.

"Experience," He replied, I let out a gasp, "Kidding, I'm a fan of horror movies." He shrugged, opening the cabinets. What was he looking for?

"What are you looking for?" I asked. He sighed heavily and walked past me, and to the door.

"Stay here, don't move." He told me. No, I'm not about to lose him too. In no way of hell, I'll be out here all alone then, and I'd eventually, die. No no no.

"No," I shook my head, in which in return, he raised an eyebrow at me, "Wherever you're going, I'm coming with." I walked towards him.

"Relax Audrey," He told me, relax? He wants me to fucking relax while the annual purge is going on, yeah fucking right, I'll relax and watch Netflix while people are getting killed right outside my freaking house, "I'm heading to the kitchen." He opened the door and walked out. The kitchen?

"I don't care, I'm not staying here on my own." I followed behind. I supposed he didn't wanna hear me rant some more as he said nothing in return and continued making his way downstairs, he stopped and turned to look at me, "On your right." I led him the way to the kitchen.

But why in the world did he want to go to the kitchen? Was he hungry or something? Ugh, he probably is.