I'm Running With It // Brutasha

"Hey, big guy. We did it, the job's finished. Now I need you to turn this bird around, okay? We can't track you in stealth mode, so help me out. I need you t-"

The screen went black.

And she knew she'd screwed up.

"Aren't you going to talk to her?" Laura asked as she found her husband in the kitchen making coffee

"No," he answered simply.

"Why not?"

"She doesn't like being disturbed at work."

"She would have to work at all," Laura said before she went to check on the children.

Clint sighed and looked out the window. Natasha was sitting on the porch, the tablet lying on the table in front of her, and she was staring into the distance. The coffee was forgotten and he followed her out.

He hated chatter.

"So Laura is concentrated," he said as he sat down beside her on the bench.

"About what?" she asked, taking the tablet again.

"About you," he replied, waiting for her reaction.

"Unnecessary," she said, keeping her eyes on the screen.

"Why don't you tell me what happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it," she murmured.

"Well, I'm not good at this, but Laura before mentioned something about you and Banner. So I assume that this problem has something to do with him."

"You're not going to let it go, are you?" she sighed, and he grinned.

"You know me, so what would you say?"

"Um, so what do you want to hear? That I could finally be happy with someone, but naturally, I messed up?"

"You must not be so strict on yourself."

"I pushed him off the cliff," she said annoyed, and Clint laughed slightly.

"Well, that sounds like something you would do."

"He wanted to run away with me," she murmured, finally giving him a look.

"Really? Is that why you pushed him? You know you could just say no," he teased her.

"That's the thing, Clint. I was the one who suggested it. I wanted it. So much. And then I could have it, but instead, I pushed him because I needed the Hulk. Because I couldn't leave the fight. Hulk disappeared. And I have no idea if Bruce's all right out there," she explained, and Clint paused for a moment. Natasha usually didn't show her feelings at all, not even in front of him. So he didn't know how to react.

"So you're looking for him?"

"Yeah, but I haven't had any luck yet. And then there's the little voice in my head that tells me I can't find him because he doesn't want to be found."