Chapter 2 : Summer is over. Yay?

Chapter 2: Summer Is Over. Yay?

"Hope is the denial of reality."

    I refused to believe it.

 Filled with denial, I slid my fingers between the book where the page was missing up and down over and over as if it would magically reappear again. Inside me seethed as the culprit's face popped up in my head. Or should I say victim.

"Gabby!" I roared watching her light brown shoulder hair come to view.

"Yes, dear sister?" She answered exiting the break room.

"What did you do with my book?" I inquired

"Book? What book?" She tilts her head in a confused way, but it's obvious she knows what I called her for.

"What did you do with number twenty nine?"

I glare at her and don't expect the response I get. She begins laughing hysterically.

"What's so funny?"

"Remember when you and Aubrey were arguing earlier?" She said controlling her laughter.

I nodded my head slow and uncertainly as she continued.

"Well I decided to make it up to you." She flashed me a mischievous grin

"How?" I blinked.

"I tore out number twenty nine and slipped it under Carter's cupcake when you weren't looking!" She exclaimed as if it was a good thing.

   My mouth flopped open, my right eye twitched a little, and my breathing increased. In a nanosecond Gabby 's dress collar and my fingers connected. Her foot no longer on the ground.

"You did what?" I snapped watching her face frown in a confused way.

"What did I do that was so wrong?" She asks pulling way from my grasp dropping back on her two feet.

     My heart raced rapidly. Never ever have I thought of giving Carter one of my letters. How would he even react? Would he know it was me? I was the one who served them. My life was ruined. If he found out who wrote that letter I could never be able to show my face in this city again!

"How could you?" I fumed

She gave me a disheartened look.

"I didn't know you didn't want Carter to read it. Honest." She says sincerely playing with her fingers avoiding eye contact.

        I ran my fingers through my hair and let out the heaviest sigh of the day. This was so much for me to handle. With a profound expression on her face Gabby exited and went back into the break room. That's it. My life was officially ruined.

N a r r a t o r ' s  P O V

"So the two goes here?" Cameron, Carter's nine and a half year old brother asked him pointing to a problem on his math homework. "Carter? Are you paying attention? "

Carter was lost in thoughts. Why couldn't he stop thinking about it?

"Oh, yeah. Exactly. You're a pro, Cameron" He complimented, but his brother only frowned.

"It's about a girl, isn't it?"

   Carter only laughed. Sometimes Cameron acted way older than he really was. He was like a forty year old in a nine year old's body. A nine and a half year old as he'd correct.

"If it's Serena I want no part in that. She uses way too much perfume and she doesn't like me." Cameron grunted

"Of course she likes you. She just has a hard way of expressing her feelings because of all that hair spray she inhales." Carter smirked.