[ 2.14 ] - Primary: I do it all the time

Primary: I do it all the time

[ 2.14 ]

R Y E N N E A T S T E L L I

Year 7

"Rynnie~"

I let out a groan as I shuffled around my bed and covered my ears by sandwiching my head between pillows.

"Rynnie~! Wake up~! You have to get ready for the party." My mother calls out to me again, shaking my body and tearing the pillows away from me. I didn't dare open my eyes and just continued to lie down as I held my blanket tighter to my body, refusing to let it go.

After a while, I hear my mother heave a sigh as she uses my arms as a means to pull me into a sitting position, not allowing me to flop back onto my bed.

"Mommy! It's too early." Even as I pouted, I didn't open my tired eyes.

"Rynnie, you need to get up now. If not then you won't have enough time to get ready."

Mother, what is there to get ready for? I just need to throw on a dress and I'm done. I don't need that much time! Just let me sleep in!

I let out a loud sigh as begin to roll towards the edge of my bed. Once my legs were finally over the edge, I opened my eyes to find my mother smiling at me.

"Now, let's get you washed up."

My mother grabs hold of my hands and drags me to my personal bathroom as she pulls my night gown over my arms and head. She then proceeds to carry me into the prepared tub of warm water. Floating around it were pink and red rose petals that scented the entire room.

As soon as my toes touched the water, I could feel my senses awaken as my skin tingles. I couldn't help but let out a relaxed sigh. Nothing was better than waking up to a nice bath despite the rude awakening.

I was no longer feeling bitter about my mother and allowed myself to enjoy the free head massage I was receiving.

This was the first time I have seen my mother do labor—to think it'd be for me. I am quite the honored daughter.

Sadly, though, as soon as my bathing time ended, I was now tossed into my mother's array of chaos. It was a constant bout of tugging my damp hair that had some knots and styling it into a complex bun at the top of my head.

My neck had long become sore, but of course, my mother did not allow me to rest. An hour before the party official began, she finally revealed the dress to me. It was a mauve dress, the sleeves long and made of tulle that also flowed down the dress to the knees. The fabric layered beneath was a silk-like pale pink color that would occasionally pop when the light hits the right spot.

"Wow!" My mother exclaims with delight. "This color just makes your eyes pop!"

My mother then turns her head with expectant eyes to my father who had been standing with Ryec at the doorway. "Don't you agree, Theo?"

I watch him nod in approval, a proud grinning making its way to his face. "Of course! My daughter is the prettiest!"

Speaking up, I turn to Ryec who seemed to have something to say.