Part 10

Mackenzie POV
I pulled into Aubrey's driveway to see what I assume is Brendon's car sitting there too. I chuckled, I'm happy Aub has connected to someone. Honestly after the last year I started worrying that she might be hiding herself away and limiting herself. I let myself in the front door, to find the house quiet but Pluto call me and greeted me.
"Where's mama?" I giggled rubbing his head. He led me into the living room where they were both asleep on the couch.
"Hey you two... good morning!" I laughed turning the lights on, both of them groaned and looked at me.
"Oh sorry, I fell asleep." Aubrey blushed, embarrassed. Brendon laughed.
"Hi Brendon," I waved, he said hi back.
"What time is it?" He asked, I looked down at my watch; I'm a nurse. We all have a watch on.
"10 past 5."
"Wow, It's been like 5 hours." Aubrey laughed. It's not uncommon for her to sleep for hours at night, and then hours during the day. Her body works hard to make up for the nonfunctioning parts.
"I better get going, I have an interview in the morning." Brendon spoke softly, looking at Aubrey. She nodded.
"Thank you for coming over. It's really great to have company." She smiled, he went in to hug her. She giggled and hugged him back.
"I should take more naps, I feel great now." Brendon comments, we all laughed. He hugged me bye as Pluto came over.
"Bye buddy... you take care of Aubrey okay? I'll see you guys soon." He smiled, we all did.
"Bye!" He called as he left. I went and sat next to Aubrey, she had the biggest grin on her face.
"I can't believe I fell asleep... but he was so nice about it." She grinned, I nodded.
"Why are you so sweaty?" I asked touching her arm. She tilted her head at me.
"You have a fever..." I mumbled, putting the puzzle pieces together in my head.
"God damnit. I knew I was gonna get sick from the show." She sighed sitting back.
"It's okay Aub. We will wait it out till tomorrow and see what Hanna says." I spoke referring to her home healthcare aid. But honestly if I think she gets too sick I'll take her to the hospital.
"I'm gonna grab you an ice pack for your head and some of water." I said getting up, when she gets sick it's worrying but if I get her worked up then it is gonna be a long road.
——————
Brendon POV
When I walked into my hotel room I decided to see if Aubrey has Instagram and after some looking I found @.Aubrey-Whitman and smiled. I found pictures of Aub, Mack, and Pluto from all different times. Mack studying for her medical school finals and Board Exams, Aubrey in the hospital, and Pluto when he was in training. I smiled as I learned about her life, it felt like reading a book. You feel the highs and you feel the lows; every health regression, the good numbers, and the drops in functionality. It made me appreciate her so much more, she's a light for others suffering.

—————
Hehehe I got my MOTIVATION backkkkk! Next part coming soon