Mission briefing

The whole team turned and stared at Robin who was still standing there completely dumbfounded staring up at batman with unbelieving eyes

"like i said" Batman started, voice so deep it was basically a growl and which Robin took for 'shut the hell up before you reveal both our identities' in super secret bat language "your mission while Bruce Wayne is away on business" 

at this Robin snorted  as he knew what Bruce being away on business actually meant however, this earn't another murderous glare from the dark knight and more confused glances from the team, but at the moment Robin couldn't care less. He just couldn't believe batman had betrayed him like this and to have not even told him beforehand.

turning back to the team Batman picked up his sentence

"is to protect his four sons in particular the eldest Richard Grayson" the screen changed to show a new picture, this one just of Dick in his gotham academy uniform smiling cheerfully at them. Robin just about noticed M'gann and Artemis glance quickly at each other and then try to hold in a giggle. Great, Robin thought to himself. Batman had unfortunately also seen this, as he was the freaking Batman and he glared at the girls making them cower .

The room fell into a steady silence for a couple of seconds as Batman continued to glare at the two girls and Robin made a mental note to mention this moment the next time Bruce accused him of almost revealing there identities. uno reverse brucie.

The boy wonder was about to 'gently' nudge batman to remind him of the fact these girls still had no idea that the Richard Grayson who they had been giggling about was actually standing in the room and by the end of the day Robin would still like that to be the case, but before he had the chance to do that, Aqualad decided to speak up and all the attention of the room was drawn to him.

"what are we exactly 'protecting' this young boy from" Kaldur asked in attempt to break the awkward silence and also to gather more info on the mission

Robin was about to scoff at his leaders chosen words, he may be the youngest member on the team but he wasn't young and he had certainly proven himself to be more than a boy, and he and his brothers were by far more capable protecting themselves then the team. However before he could voice his opinions and once again receive a bat glare from Bruce or before Batman could answer the question, another voice spoke up

"he's not that young!"

if this had been under literally any other situation, Robin would have been thankful for the comment made by Artemis, but this time his cheeks flushed red as he knew Artemis was only defending his age as she had a clear crush on him, well Richard Grayson.

Given that Robin's mask only covered about a third of his face he tried to hide his flushing cheeks, but luckily for him everyone in the room was staring at Artemis, who was in fact a lot redder than Robin.

fortunately for the blonde arche,r batman had decided to ignore this comment to carry on with the mission briefing.

"a couple of weeks ago a mercenary named Deathstroke escaped from Belle Reve prison, the Justice League have received intel that the mercenary will be going after Richard Grayson and with his guardian and butler out of the country the team will located at Wayne manor for a month to protect the boys until there guardians return, Robin will not be accompanying you with the mission as he and i have a mission in Iceland." How convenient Robin thought to himself "you will prepare the bio-ship to leave in half an hour and pack enough clothes for a month" Batman explained "Deathstroke is  extremely  trained and has succeeded in taking down the whole of the Justice League in the past, if i weren't for the fact the Justice League are off-world and i have an extremely important mission in Iceland you would not be given this task, so under no circumstances will you let your guard down. Do you understand?"