Chapter 1

Danny Fenton is your average 15-year-old boy. He has an older sister that he enjoys annoying. He has two best friends that he loves playing videogames with. He has a puppy named Cujo. And, he has two parents who love him very much. They might be kind of dense at times, but aren't all parents? They care about him a lot, and that's all that matters in the end. Really, the only thing remotely out of the ordinary about Danny, is that he has ghost powers. But you already knew that...

Danny groaned as he collapsed on the ground. "Is it just me... or is the box ghost getting more annoying?"

Sam rolled her eyes and sat on the ground next to him. "It's just you. Now, get up. We need to send him back into the Ghost Zone before Tucker does something stupid like letting him out."

"A guy presses the wrong button on the Fenton Thermos ONE time, and he can't live it down!" he complained.

Danny smirked, "You and I both know it has been more than ONE time."

Tucker sighed, "Oh fine..."

Sam stood up, "Come on you lazy bum." She took Danny's hands and tried to lift him up. "The sooner you get off the floor, the sooner you can put the Box Ghost in the Ghost Zone, and the sooner you can get to bed."

"But your floor is so comfy!" he whined. "This carpet is so soft, is it new?"

She rolled her eyes. "Get up!" She gave him a swift kick in the side. And of course, she was wearing her steel-toed boots.

After that, it took a little more to get Danny off the floor, he claimed that Sam had broken his hip, but she denied it. All the while, Tucker was helpfully informing them that they were arguing like an old married couple. This of course made the two blush.

Danny pulled a key out of his pocket and opened the front door. "Mom! Dad! I'm home! Sam and Tucker are here!" he waited for an answer but never got one. "Strange... the RV is here... Jazz? You home?"

Sam and Tucker went to check the kitchen, while Danny went to check the lab. "Anyone in here?" he looked around but saw no one. "Sam and Tucker must have found them..."

Danny walked back up the stairs and turned off the light. Closing the door behind him, Danny made his way to the kitchen, where a light had been turned on. Where was everyone? Suddenly, Danny froze is his tracks.

The scene that lay before him, would haunt his nightmares for the rest of his life. Sitting in an ever-growing puddle of blood, were the bodies of his parents, his sister, and his two closest friends. Men in white suits stood over the bodies.

"Agent M, this area is secure."

"Good work agent C"

"Any sign of the boy?"

"Not yet, sir, we heard his voice earlier, we believe he must have gone into the lab."

"Then we will capture him. That Masters guy said that he was the ghost boy."

Vlad had done this?! Danny stood there in shock. He hadn't even realized he had turned invisible when he saw the GIW. Danny took one more look at his family, but he knew he had no other choice. He quickly made his escape and flew to the nearest police station.

He told them everything, about how he and his friends had come home, how he had found the bodies, and how he had seen the Guys in White. The only part he left out, was about him being a ghost. A few days later, the agents sent to his house were arrested. A few days after that, the GIW was shut down. But at what cost...

~time skip~

For a few days, Danny stayed with Valerie and her dad. They were happy to have him after everything he had gone through. Eventually, a social worker stopped by and told him that she had spoken to a distant cousin of his. Danny had never met the man, apparently, he lived in someplace called Gotham City, he had never heard of it. None the less, he had said that he would take Danny in. Danny was grateful, but he felt so empty inside, he couldn't bring himself to care. A few days later, Danny was on a train heading to Gotham City. 

(A/N - Hey guys! Thank you so much for checking out my story. This one is a big deal for me. This story is 52 chapters long. I will be uploading one chapter every weekend this year. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but in my personal opinion, this is my best-written story to date. I really hope that you are enjoying it so far. It only gets better from here, so I really hope you come back next week. Until then, stay whelmed and go ghost. Thanks for reading. :) Bye!)