Part 8: The Meetup

Elaine couldn't believe it. Seraphina was going to talk to Arlo about her! Elaine felt so happy, she did a little jump and squeal in the middle of a hall and received some looks, but she didn't care. Maybe she'd finally have a chance with Arlo... 

She shook her head to clear her mind of the thoughts and tried to focus on schoolwork. Too many tests, too much homework to do(#relatable). But at least she had something to look forward to. Elaine was in a better mood than she had ever been before.

***********

John didn't know if he had made a good choice. Making a deal with someone, especially Arlo, the backstabber. He grumbled, and walked down the halls alone. He heard shuffling behind him, and turned around to see what it was.

Joker?

A guy around the same height with him stood, eyes glinting a light yellow color. If John had been anyone else, he would've started to run immediately. But he was the real Joker. John wasn't scared of this guy. But why would someone attack him? The school cripple?

The "Joker" came running at him, fists clenched. John wasn't in the mood for a fight, and decided he'd lose, and maybe unmask him when the dude's back was turned. Maybe someone else would see and spread the news, and maybe Seraphina would believe that he wasn't Joker. 

The guy sent out a flurry of punches and kicks. John couldn't help but see that the guy was slow with his attacks, but he pretended to succumb to his power. The guy seemed satisfied and turned around, then looked at John. Slowly, the guy reached for his own mask, and took it off himself.

Skrev. 

John hated the guy. He attacked Seraphina just because her ability was gone. John already knew his ability anyway; It was 'strong kick'. A boring old ability. How dare he pretend he was Joker? But John pretended to be surprised. 

John: It w-was you?

Skrev: *smirk* Don't mess with me again, loser.

Skrev walked away, leaving John bruised. John felt horrible. His whole body hurt so much. But he had to smile. He had seen a figure - no, an aura. The person had been invisible. 

Terrace had seen the whole thing. 

*********

Terrace didn't know what to think. He wasn't dumb, and he knew Skrev's ability. But what if Skrev had been lying about it the whole time? Maybe he'd write an article about it and ask, or beg Isen to publish it. People would give Skrev pressure and too much attention. It would be a matter of time before people realized Skrev wasn't anything special. 

*********

Seraphina and Arlo both met up at the school gates to get their boba. They walked in silence, every once in a while glancing at each other. It was awkward, but Arlo knew it had to be done.

Seraphina asked for a melon boba, while Arlo ordered a small coffee. Seraphina glared at him, and asked the waiter for another melon boba. Arlo stared at her. She was going to have two drinks for herself?

Turned out, Seraphina had ordered the other one for Arlo. 

Seraphina: This place is for boba, not coffee Arlo.

Arlo rolled his eyes, but smiled. He remembered when John had pretty much said the same thing. If they had become friends, he might have never had to experience this chaos... Seraphina coughed, and Arlo looked at her.

*********

 What do you think of... uhm... Elaine?

*********