Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Kidnapping Forseen

"The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain

"The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared."

― Lois Lowry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Saturday.

I was in an indigo hoodie, jeans and sneakers. I planned to be comfortable if I was going to save Greta's mom and brother, torturing all those assholes who'd hurt them.

Oh, dear lord.

I was adapting Abaddon's love for torture and bloodshed.

I was waiting for Tom. We were going to go to Aberforth's Inn and then walk out of there so we'd be kidnapped.

It was getting warmer, and you simply needed a hoodie or sweater to keep warm. In fact, I see Tom strolling down in a green sweater of his own.

Green.

It suited him. Colour. Wearing something that wasn't black

I cross my arms, tapping my foot in mock impatience. "You're late," I demand, and his eyes give me a once over, dismissing me entirely.

"I'm not late. You're simply early."

Rolling my eyes, I skip up and link my arm in his. We continue our descent out of Hogwarts.

"You've made Walburga become an utter nuisance to my existence." He scowls suddenly, and I look up at him with an amused grin.

"Really? How so?"

"She won't leave me the bloody hell alone. This is your fault. Fix it." He sneers, pulling me to the side, so some incoming students didn't pummel into me.

"Hmmmm, have you ever thought of actually telling the girl you aren't interested." I laugh, making him scoff.

"I shouldn't have to. Someone like me would never look twice at someone like her." He sneers the words, his dark eyes staring ahead.