Chapter 19

Jaxson's POV

Rogue attacks have been more common. They haven't gotten far past patrol yet, so we know they are just trying to get a reaction out of us. My head warrior Nathan and I have come up with a battle plan if there is another attack, I just hope it doesn't come to that.

Because of the traitor that's in the pack, only Brett, Nathan, Marcus, and Liam know of our patrol schedules. Hopefully the traitor isn't any of these people, because I trust them with my life.

I'm currently doing 'Alpha duties.' This includes pack alliances, people asking for their own homes, taxes, and finances. It's hard to provide for a pack of 600 members, but my family has a business that runs the whole town we live in. This gives us enough money to have all our luxuries. The company is called "Steele Enterprises."

My pack is called the Eclipse Pack. Second largest pack in the United States, located in North Carolina. The neighboring pack is the Royal Moon Pack, and is two states over. They are the closest to royal wolves that you can get. Their Alpha line has been blessed by the Moon Goddess herself.

They have also been having rogue problems. They are the largest pack and have a bad past with the rogues. We have an alliance with them but I'm not too close with their Alpha.

The Alpha is Alpha Harold Woods, and the Luna is Isabelle Woods. They have no heirs, and they are from my parents generation. The Royal Moon Alpha family can only have one child so they don't become too powerful. No one knows why they don't have an heir but I'm not going to be the one to ask.

Their heirs are always mated to Alphas, because they are the only ones powerful enough to be able to mark them.

I have to break the news to Lilly that we will be leaving the pack for a few days to visit them. We need to discuss our rogue problems and how to help each other. Since we both are dealing with rogue problems, we can't offer warriors but we can compare battle plans.

My dad tried to help but they want to meet with my mate and I. They have been traveling around the United States meeting Alphas and their mates. I guess they want to meet us too.

It's 12:30 a.m. so I decided it's time for bed. I walk down the hallway and into my room, just to see my little mate sitting in the middle of our bed playing with her hands. She stayed up for me?

"Hey Lilly, you didn't have to wait up for me," I say, wanting her to get enough sleep.

"I c-cant sleep without you. I have b-bad dreams a-about pa-parents," she stutters, seeming shaken.

I walk over to the bed slowly, not wanting to scare her even more. I get onto the bed and wrap her up in my arms. Wanting to provide as much comfort as possible, I whisper soothing things into her ear.

Once she feels a bit better, she pulls away and looks into my eyes. I lean down until my minty breath is fanning her face. Her eyes glance down to my lips and then back up to my eyes. I lean closer until my lips softly and tentatively touch hers.

Sparks explode. My entire body feels alive, better than it ever has before. She gasps, but I don't take the opportunity to slip my tongue into her mouth. I want to take it slow with her. I know this is her first kiss and I don't want to scare her away.

I pull away when I need to breathe. Our faces are still close together and she is staring directly into my eyes. Her blue eyes are full of love and happiness. Soon a large smile comes onto her face. She is beaming up at me and soon leans down to touch her lips to mine. I guess she liked it!

After a minute she pulls away, blushing brightly. I can't believe she kissed me back! She chose to kiss me! This is the best day of my life!

"I love you, Lilly," I say, contentment in my voice.

"I love you too!" She says without stuttering. She starts jumping up and down and so do I. I'm so proud of how far she has come.

"I p-practiced it! I s-said it g-good!" She exclaims excitedly.

Once we calm down, she has a questioning look on her face. Soon after contemplating over her question, she asks, "W-what's m-marking?"

Blushing bright red, I answer, "It's when the mates mark each other by biting a special spot on their neck. It's shows other werewolves that you belong to each other, and no one else. It connects us where we can feel each other's strong emotions and read each other's mind."

"Ohhh. M-mark me then," she states, face full of determination.

"No Lilly, I won't mark you when we only just kissed. I want to take it slow with you because I want you to be comfortable. I don't want to go to fast and stress you out. So I will mark you when I know you're ready."

"I-I'm ready n-now. I love you!" She exclaims, practically pleading with me to mark her.

"I know you do, my love. I love you too, but this is a big step that I want you to fully understand. I'm sorry that we can't do it now, but soon we can. I promise. I love you." I also plead with her, hoping she understands.

"O-okay... We w-wait." I'm glad she understands, she is just so impressionable and naive that I'm scared that someone will say something to her to make her feel bad about herself.

I don't want to pressure her into anything.

They kissed!! Lilly's growing up and it's making me tear up! And I've left enough hints to find out the traitor so leave your guesses below!