scene 134- listen

Sky walked up to Time, who was, leaning against a tree, looking up at the sky.
"Hey, Time?"
He received an answer almost immediately. "Yeah?"
"Fi told me something..."

Time already knew about Fi. Actually, most everyone but Wild knew. Time knew the most about her, though.

"What did she tell you?"
"Well, it was about you."
"What was it?"
"Um... this might be a bit personal, but..."
Time turned to look at him. "Personal? What is it?"
"It was that you... you... Wait, I'm going to start over. So, you know how Wild does that thing with the knife? Where he cuts his arm?"
Time nodded, narrowing his eyes. "Mhm."
"Well, she told me that... that you used to do that..."

Time crossed his arms, holding his left forearm in an odd fashion.
"I don't know why Fi would be giving false information." He looked away for a moment before sighing. "I don't... I don't know why I'm try to deny it... Listen, Sky, keep that to yourself, okay? Don't tell anyone else. Especially not Twilight. I don't want him worrying about something I used to do."

"Actually-"
Time sighed again, interrupting Sky. "What is it?"
"She told me that you started doing it again-"
"Can that bitch keep anything to herself? She doesn't need to tell people my personal problems. She shouldn't be doing that."

Time stalked off, his hands held in tight fists.
As he walked away, Sky noticed something. Time had his left sleeve rolled up.

He didn't even care that Time had called Fi a bitch. He was too concerned to care about something as stupid as that.

●●●

Stupid, stupid computer girl. She just couldn't keep a secret.

He had been hiding it well.
He had lost that skill.
The skill of hiding his true feelings.

He sighed.
He was jealous of Sky, Twilight, Wind.
They had so little to be upset about.
He was mostly jealous of Wind. Wind was still a child. Wind had nothing to worry about. Wind was so carefree, so happy.

If only he could go back. Back to when he didn't know about anything, and all he had to worry about was the absence of a fairy.

He flipped through his old diary. The first few pages. The pages where he ranted about the other Kokiri, the ones where he talked about Saria, the ones where he was still a child.

He had been forced to grow up so soon. He wished he could have had just a little more time to be young.

He sighed, clutching the notebook tight.
He had to stay strong.
For the others.
For Twilight.
For Wild.

●●●

He didn't care about the blood on his sleeve anymore. He didn't care if Twilight or Sky saw.
In fact, he kind of wanted Sky to see. Maybe he'd be more helpful than Twilight.

All Twilight ever did was tell him off for hurting himself. He never gave a reason to not do it, he never told him that it was okay, he never gave him words of encouragement.
And right now, that was all he needed.

He walked back to camp, looking down.
He stopped in front of the table. He didn't sit down. He just stood there, staring at the ground.

"Wild! Were you doing that again? You know you shouldn't do that, it's not good. You really need to stop. It won't help anything. It'll only hurt you."

He let out a sob. He put his hands on his face in a futile attempt to hide his tears. He didn't really care if he was successful. He just needed somewhere to put his hands.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, and he heard a soft, gentle voice.

"Wild, it's okay. You're fine."

He was led to the table, where he sat down. The person put their arm around his shoulders and began speaking again.

"You... don't need to do that. Everything's okay. You're okay. Well, not quite. I'm not sure what to say. I... I just want to make sure you know that we care. I- we can help you. But- but we can't help if you don't let us. And I'm sure you want help. You need it. And you need support. I don't know what this is like, but I think there's someone else that does. I think... I think they know how to help you."

Another voice.
"You just need someone that will listen. Someone that wants to listen. Someone that will tell you that it's okay. I... I'm not the right person, but I'm sure someone else is willing to help. I think that person is back at your home."

●●●

He opened the door to the house in Hateno and saw that someone was sitting at the table.

Morgan.

"Link. I... I'm sorry about before. That whole thing was a bit of a disaster. I just thought that... that you... well, I don't think the princess likes me that much."

He smiled and walked over. She stood up, and he hugged her.
Maybe she was who he needed. He didn't care if Zelda liked her or not.
He just wanted someone to talk to.

"Link... why is your arm bloody?"

He took a step back and started playing with his hair.
"I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you..."

●●●

"I guess talking to someone does help."
He smiled and looked over at Morgan, who was sitting next to him on the bed.

She closed her eyes and laid her head on his shoulder. He felt her hair brush his neck. It was soft.
He put his head on hers and closed his eyes.

This felt nice.