Chapter 7

"Oh!! Really!! That's great!! We rarely have anyone else to spar with these days but..." Kazuki looks at me. "Are you good at handling a sword?"

I smile. "Yeah. I have been training with it for a while now."

"Hmm okay then! Let's spar! I want to see how strong you are!" Say Kazuki.
"But-"
"Me too! Me too! I want to see it too!" Says Yuki.

I sigh.
"Okay okay."

I grip the wooden sword with both hands and face the tip of the sword down. That's the ancrolym stance.

"Ancrolym?!" Says Kazuki. "Amazing you know that style. Now let's see if you can defeat me."

He smiles and places his left foot forward. He grips his sword and pulls it back while facing the tip of the blade against me. It makes it seems like he is pulling an arrow

The style of elves. Since elves are so used to using a bow, when they started to train using a sword, they created this style that makes the user as swift as an arrow.

After a long intense stare, I pretend to lose focus and Kazuki strikes first because of that. He thrusts his sword, aiming for my chest like a rapier. But after a small side step, he misses and I attempt to trip him but his fast reflex made him hold his ground before he uses that momentum to swing the sword, making me jump back to dodge it.

"*huff* *huff* you...have great Reflexes." Says Kazuki.
"That's my line."

I look at Yuki. She's is completely engrossed in the fight, not blinking at all.

"Alright, I surrender you win." Says Kazuki.
"Huh? Why?"
"Why? You never even attack using the Ancrolym style and you can already easily dodge all of my attacks. At this rate, I will lose for sure."

This guy...can make choices like that in such a short time. As expected of the protagonist.