[8]

"You know, I've never seen you so angry." Mando said as you sat silently in his ship, you were on your way back to guild headquarters who had your ship. "I almost lost... Everything because of her." You said quietly as you stared at the floor. "I almost lost my whole livelyhood, everything I've ever known. I've been the guild since I was younger than 10." You said as you looked up at the Mando who was silent. "I am injured because of her, I could have nearly died because of her. And all because she was upset I was doing my job. What we do, Mando, what we do is not illegal. We bring justice to those who fail to do the right thing. And if someone such as herself can't see that, well then she is a criminal to the rest of the galaxy." You explain and you let out a deep sigh.

You had been so stressed lately it felt as if you were losing your mind. You seemed so exhausted all the time and as if you just had more and more problems piling on top of eachother all at once. You felt a slight weight on your hand and you looked up to see Mando's gloved hand on your own. "She's locked up now. Justice will run it's course. The Guild doesn't have any charges against you nor does the Empire. You're free, and you have your guildmates as well as myself." He said and you nodded as you felt a large sense of relief wash over you.

The ship began to alert that the ship was nearing the system and Mando got up to go manually pilot the ship. You sat alone as you collected many of your scattered thoughts. You hadn't known that Mando would be so... Empathetic. It was strange, you barely knew the man and you felt as if you had been friends with him for a long time.

Sooner than expected you felt the ship land and you stood up as you gathered the rest of your items that Mando had so kindly retrieved for you from the Empire. Mando climbed down his ladder and he looked at you, even though the ramp was open you lingered. What should you say? Should you thank him? Should you give him a handshake? Offer currency? All of it seemed wrong. You did the only thing that you truly felt was the right thing to do. You took a couple of paces forward and hugged the Mando.

He seemed frozen in place for a moment. He of course hadn't expected such a kind reaction from a bounty hunter. He gently wrapped his arms around you, careful of your injuries. "Thank you, Mando." You said quietly, of course you recieved no response but it wasn't awkward. What would he say? You let go and began to walk away, "If you need anything, you have my com-link info." You said just before leaving.

You walked back into the guild's headquarters, no one stared at you, some obviously glanced your way to see who walked in but it seemed all normal. Which surprised you, you'd have thought that you'd be getting plenty of stares because you were just being held in an Imperial prision for something you hadn't done. You walked to the table that Greef Karga sat at.

"It's unusually quiet here." You commented and Karga smiled, "Well we tried to keep things very case closed. You know how the Guild doesn't like bad reputation." He said and you smiled. "I appreciate that. Thank you." You said and he nodded. "Well, want a job?" He asked and you shook your head. "I need healing- I uh got injured on my last job before you know." You said and Karga nodded. "Understandable. And Mando? Did he leave already?" Karga asked and you nodded, to which Karga chuckled and shook his head, "He hasn't been known for sticking around to converse anyway. Well, Y/N, you come back when you're ready and I'll see what I have available." Greef said and you nodded and shook his hand. "Thank you Greef." You said and you left the guild headquarters back to your ship.