Meeting The Empress

On the day of the Royal Banquet, Ying Yue was woken up at 7 am and was given extreme care as they prepared her. By the time it was 5 pm, she went with her family to the palace and a maid had come to greet her as she was summoned by the Empress.

Ying Fan was going to come with her but the maid insist only Ying Yue was allowed. As Ying Fan was still stubborn, the maid had to compromise to let her accompany them until they were outside of the Empress's palace.

"How are you at the moment?" the Empress's voice was full of concern as she asks Ying Yue and told her to sit down for rest.

Ying Yue was healing fast thanks to the wood element as she found out the natural element could heal her faster, "I am fine. What did Your Majesty want to talk about?"

Ying Yue thought it must be an important matter since the empress wanted to meet her before the banquet, "What do you think of the Crown Prince?"

....

"Crown Prince Zhi Feng is a talented youth as I've heard about his achievements, I believe he can become a wise and loving emperor in the future", He was indeed a perfect package as he got the stunning looks with silver hair and golden eyes, girls would even chat about how righteous he was and how talented he could be as he was smart and athletic. He could even defeat his teacher and his father, the emperor in a sword fight and since they are both considered legendary, this was not an easy feat.

Why is she asking about him? Ying Yue wanted to ask this question but decides not to as she could sense where this was going.

When the empress notice Ying Yue was done with talking, she smiled and asks again, "Then what do you think of 2nd Prince Xi Er?"

Ying Yue thought for a while and also heard about the 2nd Prince beating the emperor and his teacher and he was equally matched with his brother. Except he dislikes politics and was into warfare more thus the emperor would give him in charge of the defence in the future.

"He is also a talented youth that is said to become the ministry of defence who is in charge of the army in the future", the empress nods as she agrees with this statement.

Contrary to what one might expect, even though both princes came from different mothers, they were both supportive of each other to the point where it can be on par with Li Jian and his brother's relationship. This is because Zen Nation's imperial family teaches their descendants to help with one another and rule with peace as well as keep their family bond strong.

"If you were to marry one, whom would it be?" the empress's question this time was too direct that Ying Yue was startled before she composes herself.

"With all due respect Your Majesty, I have never really thought about getting married yet as I still haven't achieved my dream of becoming a general properly", She did become a general but that was as Yin and not Ying Yue.

"I see. So, it does not really matter who then?" The empress gave a smile but her eyes were calculative.

Ying Yue was nervous. She might want to get married but not now when she was still in her youth. She still has a long way to go before she could really truly achieve her dream to become the strongest general.

She did not want to deal with this at all thus she had excused herself and said that she was worried her mother, Ying Fan would be tired from waiting outside.

The empress notice how reluctant Ying Yue had become and pardoned her as she also had to get ready for the banquet later.

When Ying Yue came out, Ying Fan had asked her what they had discussed but she promise to reveal it later.

As they walk from the empress's quarters toward the banquet hall, Ying Yue had encountered Crown prince Zhi Feng and 2nd Prince Xi Er.

"Will you excuse me for a while mother? I wish to speak with my two-childhood friend", Ying Fan also saw the two princes and nods as she said she would wait for her at the banquet hall.

Zhi Feng and Xi Er were surprised Ying Yue would approach them. Though they knew each other when they were young, they were not that close to the point of meeting each other. Yet Ying Yue had left an undeniable impression towards the two princes that they had greeted her with respect and warmth.