03 | Hoseok is standing right in front of you

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

The next morning, realization hit Y/n hard. The letter was gone. In a state of panic, she tossed the room in search of the sheet of paper. Ten minutes later, she still couldn't put her hands on it. "This is bad," she groaned. "If anyone finds it, it will be the death of me. How embarrassing it is, a freaking love letter!"

She remembered the last time she had it was right before bumping into the rude guy. Quickly, she exited the room and scanned the hallway, making sure the letter was nowhere to be seen. She sighed, hoping no one had found it yet. Her name and Hoseok's were fully written; anyone could show it to the captain of the soccer team and humiliate her poor self.

Sweat drops decorated her livid face when she met Jihyo, seated in the classroom and scribbling some notes on her textbook. Instantly, her expression changed into a worried one when she noticed her friend's unusual stoic expression. She even checked her body temperature to make sure she wasn't sick. Finally, she questioned Y/n.

"I wrote that crappy letter!" Jihyo gasped, surprised to hear her cuss. The latter regretted it as soon as the word escaped her mouth. "My name's written on it, Hoseok's as well. What am I supposed to do now?"

"Hold on," the chestnut-haired girl interrupted her. "The letter is written. Why is it so bad? Wasn't it a good idea?"

Her friend pursed her lips, unable to speak further. Someone had the letter in their possession, but she couldn't know who unless that person decided to tell Hoseok or to embarrass her. Or even worse, to blackmail her.

"I've lost it, Jihyo. I don't know where it is! Someone might have it, and—oh God, what if Hoseok sees it?"

"It would be cool actually, don't you think? That way, you won't have to stress over ways to give it to him." By those words, Jihyo meant well. She tried to encourage and reassure Y/n, but the latter ignored it, still panicking.

"Take a look around us." She was now whispering. "Maybe one of them saw it and is secretly plotting against me."

This time, Jihyo had to reason her. "You're being paranoid, and it has to stop!" She sounded rather annoyed. "It's just a letter. Worst-case scenario: they'll give it to Hoseok."

~ ~

In fact, it was even worse.

Jungkook spent the whole day analyzing people around him, paying more attention to his surroundings than he usually did. Witnessing his behavior from afar, Nayeon believed he was looking for her, probably regretting what he did last night. However, she was far from right.

The black-haired male was actually wondering if the mysterious Y/n was among these students. The name was foreign and feminine, but he couldn't be too sure. Sitting in the cafeteria while waiting for his friends, Jungkook scanned the area in search of a suspicious-looking person. That was when his gaze landed on Hoseok and most of his teammates entering the cafeteria. At the same moment, half of the students glanced at him. However, none of them looked panicked nor uncomfortable. He frowned in disappointment until Namjoon and Yoongi finally joined him.

For now, Jungkook decided to hide the letter from them.

Three tables away from his, Min Hana was blushing while daydreaming. Sun caught her and pinched her arm, willing to bring her back to reality.

Hana moaned in pain. "What the hell, Sun!" a few people stared at her curiously, she glared "Why did—"

"I was calling you."

"I'm listening now, what?"

Jihyo and (Y/n) exchanged a puzzled look, aware that Hana's rude behavior might anger Sun.

"Your brother argued with Professor Kim during class, you should've seen his face! I mean, what he said wasn't wrong but hell, he was so rude."

Hana frowned. "Yoongi?"

"Who else?"

Instinctively, the four girls glanced at Yoongi who was eating with his two closest friends. Hana blushed again when she noticed Jungkook, the events from last night flashing in her mind. However, she cleared her throat when Jihyo turned to her.

"I like him." she shrugged "He's straightforward and funny."

Sun nodded in agreement, causing the boy's sister to roll her eyes.

"Rudeness runs in the family, I guess." Sun snickered

As the conversation started again, Y/n kept on eating quietly. Usually talkative during lunchtime, the anxiousness she felt due to the letter situation made it hard for her to think of anything else. She didn't want to annoy her friends anymore, so she stayed silent.

"Huh, Y/n?"

The whole table froze in shock. Y/n cleared her throat, unable to look at the newcomer in the eye. Hoseok was standing in front of her, looking concerned. Blood rushed all over her face as she imagined ridiculously bad scenarios, thinking of several ways to defend herself.

"Are you feeling better?"

There was a moment of silence during which the girls - except Y/n - exchanged meaningful glances (but insignificant in the eyes of the boy). Sun then decided to break the silence.

"The day before yesterday Y/n, you were feeling sick." Sun lied, giving her friend the chance to get away with some plausible excuse.

Said girl bobbed her head, relieved that he made no mention of the love letter.

"Sorry about that..." she spoke timidly "I don't know what came to me." a forced laugh came out of her mouth, causing Hoseok to relax

He sighed in relief. "I was worried, I thought you wanted to tell me something! I'm glad you're feeling better though." The usual cheerful tone was back, the boy grinned as his lovely eyes were fixated on Y/n.

She blushed a little but still managed to hide the growing embarrassment.

"I'll see you in class then." She nodded and waved him goodbye as he ran back to his friends. Once he was out of sight, the anxious student sighed as loudly as possible and buried her face in the palms of her hands. Hana chuckled, patting her back.

"He's gone now. That was stressing as heck though, even I couldn't breathe." she blurted out.

Three tables away, Jungkook was staring. Realization hit him hard when he recognized Y/n. She was the girl he bumped into last night. The letter, he picked it up as soon as she left. Slowly, a sly grin crept up his face. It was her, without a doubt. She was L/n Y/n.

✭☆