Chaoter 24: The Emperor and I

Yun Ren Xie obediently leaned her back on the cold wall, she hissed as the frigid feeling from the wall entered her body.

"Why are you weak?" Li Si let his other hand rest on the wall located beside the girl's shoulder for support, he have only drank small amount of wine yet his body is getting asthenic. His misty golden iris were focused on the frail girl in front of him.

"Prime Minister must be joking. This ya tou is always humble and timid." Yun Ren Xie locked her gaze at the drunk Li Si. She felt a bit shock at his actions.

"Right, you are timid while she is haughty. But this repeated rejection is familiar to me, heh." Li Si leaned closer making both their forehead meet. Their breath were getting heavier for different reasons; weakening of his body and the girl's anxious psyche. Li Si closed his eyes, fantasizing the girl Yun Ren Xie is with him, it brought him great comfort.

"This....... Prime Minister Li Si must behave. Both of us are here in the imperial palace, not at your mansion." Yun Ren Xie reminded him, she slightly pushed Li Si right at his chest.

He moved away voluntarily for a short time, his eyes opened that he refused to move once more, his golden orbs carries a bit of violent emotion as he stared at Fang Ye Xue.

Li Si grabbed both of Fang Ye Xue's arms  but before he could even speak, a mellow voice from the moongate was calling for Fang Ye Xue. Yun Ren Xie recognized that voice, it was no other than Fang Xuan.

Pulling her hand from Li Si, she released a cold glare, leaving the man standing alone behind the shrub of snow. Just as her small departing figure dispersed, Li Si bent down to pick a small pouch lying flat on the snow.

Yun Ren Xie went outside the garden and she met Fang Xuan with Fang Neryen, a wide smile that reached their ears were plastered on their face.

"Is anything the matter, cousins?" Yun Ren Xie's brows creased as she saw them.

"Sixth Cousin! The Emperor personally wants to see you!" Fang Neryen happily tugged her cousin's hand, she clearly cant hide her excitement anymore.

"I..... Third Cousin, can you tell me what's going on?"

Fang Xuan tittered before speaking as she gently pull the other hand of her dearly sixth cousin. "Out of all the young missess that joined this concubine choosing of the Emperor, sixth cousin's name is the only one that Eunuch Song have called. He even said that the Emperor personally wants to see you."

"Quick! Sixth Cousin should enter the hall, Eunuch Song is looking for you!"

Before Yun Ren Xie can ask more questions, the girls have pulled her at the Banquet Hall. Outside the door, the fat eunuch is already waiting for them.

"Sixth Young Miss Ye Xue, the Emperor Ying Zheng personally ordered this eunuch to guide you at the Imperial Garden. Please follow this humble servant." Eunuch Song said as he led the way.

Yun Ren Xie is currently pondering why would the Emperor take a liking on her. The music? Her charisma? Her family status? All thoughts drowned her but one thing is clear in her mind, she must leave a good impression to the Emperor to keep his attention only to her.

They reached the Imperial Garden but the eunuch refused to enter. Yun Ren Xie hesitantly stepped inside, the garden was full of different withered plants along with some sturdy trees. There were also few small courtyards with different landscapes. Man-made ponds and mountains were in each corner while the pavilions are neither surrounded by snow covered lands or iced water from a pond. Stools, divan and tables carved perfectly from stones were placed in every corner.