Chapter 44

Peter's P.O.V

Darkness. That was all I could see. It was pitch black. No sounds, no lights. Nothing. Just a whole load of nothingness.

Then, a bright light, which forced me to cover my eyes. Just a second later, I open my eyes again and I look around the room I'm in.

"This is... my room, from Ben and May's apartment..." I mumble for myself.

The small room has a bed in the corner with Iron Man covers. A window next to it with a desk under the window and the small walk-in closet to the other wall across from the bed. The shelves are decorated with small action figures of the Avengers and the the Iron Man gloves and helmet from the Stark Expo.

I missed this place. I have a lot of good memories here.

All of a sudden, I hear a loud scream coming from outside my door. I hurry out of my room and enter the living room, but no one is there. Then I hear the scream again. It sounds like a child's scream. It sounds like it's coming from outside the apartment.

I run over to the front door and hastily throw it open. But instead of there being a hallway, it's just a pitch black void. I hear the screaming coming from the void and without thinking twice, I jump out, into the void.

And of course, being the dumbass I am, I fall straight down. The screaming continues and I brace myself to land on something. Anything. I close my eyes and after a couple of seconds, I realize I'm not falling anymore. I open my eyes and see that I'm in my cell at the Hydra base. I walk out and enter the long hallway with the other cells. I now notice that the hallway is packed with bodies lying around everywhere. I carefully make my way up to one of them and see Wade. I drop to my knees and hold him close, sobbing as I plead for someone to help him.

I look at the other bodies and see Ned, MJ, the Avengers. The people I killed. Sally. Everyone.

I hear the scream again and quickly stand up. I look down at Wade and his body starts to rot away. So does the other bodies. I force my feet to head down the long hallway and towards the scream. I end up in front of a long spiral staircase at the end of the hallway and without hesitation, I sprint up the stairs.

It feels like the staircase never ends. But then, I make it to the top and right at the last step, there's a closed wooden door.

"This is getting really weird..." I mumble to myself.

I reach my hand out to open the door, but the scream is heard again. This time louder than ever. I take back my hand to cover my ears and I think the screaming is coming from behind the door. I, once again, reach my hand out and open the door and this time no screaming is heard. As my fingers touch the hard wood, the door falls apart and I am left with the door frame.

I look into the room and it looks all moldy and rotten. It's all torn apart. Some of the wallpaper is hanging from one of the sides and there's an old empty iron bed frame in one of the corners. The window at the far end of the room is broken and some glass shards are on the floor.

I recognize this room. I'm in my room from Ben and May's apartment again, but everything's... destroyed. All of a sudden, the loud scream returns once again and I cover my ears and close my eyes. It's unbearable.

 When I open my eyes again I see a little boy sitting on the floor sobbing, his knees curled up to his chest and he's hugging them tightly. He's wearing a red t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. Since his back is turned towards me, I can't see his face. Though, he has very fluffy hazelnut colored hair. I start to slowly walk up to him but I stop when he starts to speak.