16. eat your heart out, john cena!

G A Y L E

16. eat your heart out, john cena!

AW GREAT... as if my day couldn't get any worse! What's this asshole doing here?" Hercules groans, rolling his eyes to the back of his skull. One of his eyes is swelling up and I've got this pestering suspicion that all of that is Thalia's work.

Hermes only smirks, toying with the heavily covered rectangular package in his hands. "I'd watch my mouth if I were you, Sparky. We don't want a repeat of what happened the last time you forgot your place." The mischievous guy grins like a maniac when Hercules heeds his warning and keeps his mouth shut, though with a swarming glint of a bad attitude.

Hermes turns his satisfied gaze to Apollo, putting one of his hands on his hip. "Apollo. You're not going to introduce me to your ravishing new girlfriend?" He arches a brow at Apollo like he's an old friend and taps his fingers against his waist, waiting to be introduced.

Apollo sighs, placing his hand over the bridge of his nose. "Gayle, this is Hermes, god of trade, travel and thieves." He replies pointedly as Hermes turns his attention to me now, giving me one of his panty-dropping smirks, the dimples on his cheeks deepening as he lowers himself, holding out a hand for me.

I'm frozen to the spot, unsure of what to do, I glance at Apollo, who nods tiredly.

This relaxes me as he takes the back of my hand and kisses it seductively. "As well as wealth, luck, fertility and sleep." He winks before finally standing back up straight.

He acknowledges Thalia with the simple nod of his head before focusing all of his attention back on Apollo, pouting playfully at uninterested boy besides me. "Now why the long face, bestie? I thought you'd be pleased to see me." He frowns, though it doesn't quite reach his glimmering brown eyes.

"I come bearing gifts..." he grins in a sing-song sort of manner, throwing the rectangular brown box into the air and then skillfully catching it. "Did I mention sports and athletes?" He grins back at me.

For some reason, I can't help but love his humour, and soon find myself anticipating what he may have for us.

Apollo frowns at him, wrinkling his nose up in disgust as he turns away. Hermes rolls his eyes and whispers to me, "what a drama queen, am I right? You skillfully avoid participating in one war in the spirit of self-preservation and suddenly you're the worst evil that ever graced the earth."

Apollo turns back at his words, brows knitting together ferociously. "You told me I could count on you, but as soon as it came to down to it, you bailed!" He shrieks angrily, obviously not over Hermes' broken promise.

Hermes shrugs with an air of purpose and nonchalance, all at once. "I don't see the reason behind participate in something that has nothing to do with me. Your fight was with Zeus. I just did us all a favour and got myself out of your way, mi amigo. I'm not gonna apologize for that." He states unapologetically, his lip stiffening.

Apollo grits his teeth at his old friend's words, and simply shakes his head. "You're not even worth it."

Hermes seems a little hurt by Apollo's words, but the look leaves his face just as soon as it came. He expertly covers it up with a grin. "Whatever. I have a package for you." He says, throwing the box into Apollo's arms.

He catches it instinctively and begins to eye it suspiciously.

He reads over the label and his eyes widen when they scan over the neatly sprawled writing.