(Ch-3) Dinner

I climbed down the staircase, trying my best not to trip on the steps. I walked downstairs, with my phone in my hand. I walked down the hall and into the kitchen, where I was greeted with the warm and delicious smell of ratatouille. I stopped on my track and close my eyes, I took in a big breath, the smell just couldn't get any better than it already was.

Mom smiled, one hand holding the ratatouille."C'mon" She lightly patted my back with her free hand.
I smiled and nodded.
"Bro, he scored a touchdown after I passed it to him!" Ryan exclaimed.
"OK, but did you see the way Jonathan tackled Noah?! Mind-blown, phooo" Lucas brought his hands up his head, and acted like his head just exploded.
Blake was just on his phone, smiling really big.
The boys were already at the table, talking about football, except Blake.
I pulled a chair back, sitting on it and bring it back close to the table.
The boys took a quick a glance at me and went back to whatever they were doing. Except Lucas, he gave me a small smile, which I gladly returned. It was like I was invisible, almost like thin air to them...
Dad joined it, breaking the invisiblity of me.
"So honey, how's basketball going?" Dad said, tucking in his coller of his dark red shirt. While mom kept a plate of ratatouille infront of each of us, the stream coming out.
Mom took a seat beside me and smiled at dad.
"Umm, it's going good I guess-" I mumbled, playing with my food.
"Blake, no phones at the table!" Mom yelled, causing all of us to fidget.
Blake mumbled something inaudible under his breath.
"Would you like to say that out loud young man?!" Mom gave him the "mom-eyes".
Blake rolled his eyes, keeping his phone in his pocket while doing so. He mumbled a sorry later.
"So, mom what's the special occasion?" Lucas asked with a mouth full of ratatouille.
"What special occasion? there is none. I just wanted to show my 3 boys how much I love them." Mom wiped her mouth with a white silk towel.
I glared at mom, tilting my head "Right, I don't exist".
The boys snickered. Dad just ate his food.
"Oh honey no, I love you so much!" She said hugging me lightly.
I fidgeted indicating her to get off of me.
"Mom, tell me" Ryan said.
"What?" Mom asked innocently.
"Mom!" Lucas exclaimed.
"OK OK!" Mum took in a deep breath.
Mom took a quick glance at dad at bit her lips while dad smiled at her.
"We're umm s-sending y-you to siblings camp!" She said, trying to sound excited "yayyy..." She had her jazz hands up.
"Huh?" I asked confused.
Blake literally dropped his fork on his plate, causing a loud screeching sound to come out.
Lucas froze, changing his gaze between mom and dad.
Ryan kept glaring at mom.
While, I just kept my head down.
There was an awkward silence, which dad broke, clearing his throat.

Mom and dad awkwardly ate thier food. Me and my brother's exchanged looks only to look back at our parents to yell at them, all at the same time.
"WHA- HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!" Blake's jaw dropped.
"I CAN'T, I'VE GOT FOOTBALL!" Ryan argued.
"A-AND I'VE GOT BASKETBALL!" I joined in.
"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO US!" Lucas yelled.
"Don't you dare yell at us like that! We raised you!" Dad said in a firm voice.

Dad had always been the calm kind y'know? He rarely shouted, yelled or scolded, well only when he needed to. Dad's very funny and humble, loving too and etc.

I rolled my eyes while taking the last bite of my food. I push my chair off the table with my butt still sitting on it, everyone looked up at me, yet I kept my eyes on my dirty plate, taking it to the sink without saying a word.

I ran upstairs, not bothering to wait for anyone to finish eating, I just couldn't process the point of camp...WITH MY ANNOYING BROTHERS! I'm fine with going to camp alone, I'm fine to go with my parents, I'm even fine to go with my mean math teacher, but my brothers, HELL NAH!

I went upstairs and grabbed my jacket, it's navy blue with my initials on the top right corner, my friend gave it to me for my birthday. I put on the hood of the jacket and put on some skinny jeans. I bent down below my bed and grabbed my skateboard, putting it under my arms, I quickly walked downstairs.

I realized I forgot my phone at the dinner table. I walked in the kitchen and to the dining room. Mum and dad were talking about something my brother's weren't there, assuming they had already finished dinner. I walked in, grabbing my phone off the table and left without saying a word, my back facing them but dad stopped me on my way.

"Where are you going?" Dad called out.
I turned around "Out".
"Out? Where?"He furrowed his eyebrows in curiousity.
"Outside" I answered, playing with my phone, spinning it round and round.
Dad sighed "Elainy, where are you going?" He said in a serious tone.
"Like I said out!" I was frustrated.
"W.H.E.R.E?" He said, looking like he was about to blow.
"Out with Tyler, OK?!" I exclaimed.
Dad didn't say anything, he went back to talking with mom. I took this opportunity and left the kitchen, only to come across another obstacle. My brothers.

----------------------------

I hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget!

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Love,
Author ❤️