28: Fears

Quirk: Fairy

 The evening before, I had made sure to get all the essentials I'd need for tonight. I picked up several blankets from home, bought food and drink from the corner store and picked out several films to watch in order to try and distract myself. Throughout the week, weather reports had been coming in about a massive thunderstorm due to come tonight, and just so it happened, my biggest fear was storms. I hated everything about them, the flash of the strong lightening, the howling winds that rattled against windows, and more then anything else, I hated the roaring of thunder. The noise was so ridiculously loud and angry that it always made a chill run down my spine, and me curl up into a ball wishing it'd just pass on by. I was a UA student with such a childish fear.

As class finished I immediately dashed out and flew briskly towards the dorms, as it had already started to get cloudy and I had heard a few rumbles in the distance. I scanned my card and flew straight to my room which was on the first floor, opening and locking the door. Using several blankets I had picked up from home, I pressed them against the edges of my window trying to soundproof it as much as possible, shut the blinds, changed into some comfortable clothing and did my homework as quickly as I could, so that I wouldn't have to attempt it when the thunder came.

An hour later and the storm was over UA, roaring loudly. I was shaking in the corner of my bed, trying to focus on the film, but having no luck. The hours passed and I couldn't sleep at all, seeing flashes of lightening creep in through the sides of the blinds. With each clap my heart skipped a beat, and made me clutch onto my covers tightly. I felt so pathetic.

Annoyingly I was out of drinks, and my throat felt incredibly dry from all the stupid squeals I had allowed to pass my lips every single time the thunder sounded, so I decided to put on the bravest face I could and head on to the shared kitchen, hoping there was some milk left. Slowly I unlocked the door and crept outside, seeing the rain hitting the windows of the corridor like bullets. I shivered in the cold corridor, slowly etching along the wall, one step at a time. A loud clap of thunder and a bright flash of lightening made me squeal and almost fall to the ground. I breathed in deeply, trying to compose myself, and carried on tiptoeing towards the kitchen.

I poured myself a glass of milk, breathing in deeply and turned to go back to my room when suddenly lightening flashed and in front of me I saw the outline of a figure. I screamed, dropped the milk and jumped back in fright, shaking violently. "Hey, it's alright, it's me," whispered a recognisable voice.

"T-Todoroki?" I asked the darkness, and saw him nod. He flicked on the light switch which burnt my eyes a little. I jumped towards him and hit him hard on the shoulder.

"What was that for?" He asked, surprised at my sudden violence.

"For scaring me!" I shouted. "And for making me drop my milk!" I picked up a cloth and bent down to clean up the mess, brushing away the glass with a dustpan and brush.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you... are you okay? You've lost your usual golden glow and your wings are droopy," he pointing out, concern etched on his face.

"I-I'm fine," I said, trying to act as though I really was. Unfortunately a clap of thunder and lightening sounded, and I screamed, jumping forward and hiding my face in his chest. It was a mere second later that I realised what I had done, and I stepped back awkwardly, muttering an apology under my breath.

"That's alright," he said calmly. "Are you scared of storms?"

"N-no," I muttered, but another loud clap made me whimper, contradicting me.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, it's just loud noises and lights," he said simply.

"Easy for you to say," I groaned.