Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.

Amelia's hair above.

Amelia Black

"Do you wanna go out tonight?"

"No, let's stay in and watch a movie." Is Adam's replies.

It's been two weeks since his aunt died but this man has refused to acknowledge that. I went to London for the funeral while he stayed at home. That is all he does. He doesn't go to work, he's not eating and he's not talking to anyone except me and that's only because I won't leave him alone. At a time like this, he needs someone with him and I'm the only one that is patient enough to deal with him.

We hang out every night. We watch movies and catch up on some tv shows. Being, around him, I can see how sad he is and it pains me to see him this way.

"Adam, that's what we've been doing for the past two weeks." I tell him.

He looks up at me with those gorgeous eyes. "But last night you said we would watch Deadpool 2 tonight."

"That's because I wanted to watch Ocean's 8."

"So you lied to me?"

"No! Look, how about we do something different? I can teach you how to make the pasta dish that you like so much."

He doesn't seem thrilled my idea. His frown just deepens so I sigh. "Alright then, I'm going out. I will see you tonight."

"Where are you going?" He asks dismissively.

"To see my mum. It's been a while since we saw each other and by the way, I forgot to tell you this; your mum is coming over."

His body freezes. "What do you mean?"

"She texted asking how you were and then she asked if she could come over and I told her yes." I explain.

"And why the hell would you do that?" He raises his voice lightly, with an angry look on his face.

"Because she's your mum?"

"Call her again and ask her not to come."

"Why?"

"I don't want to see her."

"She's really worried about you, Adam."

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, right."

"Yes, she is."

"I don't care if she is or isn't. Call her and tell her not to come to my fucking house."

"But-"

"But nothing! I'm done talking about this." He raises his voice loudly and I flinch.

What's going on with him? I frown then quietly go out of to the room.

****

After taking three handbags from my mum's closet and a diamond and pearl necklace which I'm going to use for an event that I need to attend this Thursday, I head downstairs and we sit in the living room.

My mum said that she has a big news for me and I also need to talk to her about something.

"So Anna called me and she asked about you and what you've been up to. She knows your birthday is coming up soon and...." She pauses and the smile on her face widens.

"And what?" I asks. I saw Anna Wintour in London and she did say something about reaching out.

"She asked if you want to cover Vogue's April issue!" Mum tells me excitingly and my eyes widen.

"What?! Oh my God! Mum, that's amazing!"

"I know right? Congratulations, honey!"

"Yayyyy!" I squeal and squeeze her into a hug.