Where Is She?

David Winter POV

"Sir, here are the reports you asked for."

I looked up at my assistant, Jared Brooks. He's been working for me for years and gets things done better than anyone I knew. I grabbed the folder and quickly skimmed through them. "What happened to last month? Why are the numbers here different from the ones on the system?"

"I asked a few questions around and found out that one of the employees in the sales department was laundering money and equipment from the company every time it's inventory day."

I leaned back and linked my fingers together. "Who are they? And where did they put them?"

Jared swiped through the company tablet that he held. "I managed to find a few of our equipment at other rivaling companies. Only the jewelries are still not accounted for but we'll find them within three days so don't worry about it."

I grinned. "You sure you don't wanna take over my company, Jared?"

He glanced at me with look. "No, thank you, sir. I'd end up in the grave if you left me with all your mess to clean up."

I chuckled before getting serious. "List everything that went missing and add up the total price including the money that they took. Tell them that if we don't find the rest within one week, they will owe the company three times the price that they stole from the company."

"I already calculated it all. In total, it is a bit over $2.7 million."

I raised a brow. "And how did they manage that?"

"They blackmailed the employees in the sales department into helping." Jared said.

"Hmm," I pondered. "I change my mind, make it three days. Three days is all they got to confess to it all or I will make sure they have a nice, long life behind bars."

"Yes, sir. Speaking of-"

"Sir! There's been a report!" Jackson, my personal bodyguard said, face a bit pale.

"What is it?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He hesitated before quickly saying. "Ms. Ava has been kidnapped."

I shot up from the seat. "What?! Where was she last seen?!"

"A student named Ryder King was with her at the time she was taken. It was during lunch time when they were heading towards the music room when he was hit from behind. Another student found him on the floor and called someone nearby to help. By the time he woke up, he was going crazy, saying he needed to find Ms. Ava."

I clenched my hands as I tried to think calmly. "I want you to find Wren. Tell him to hack into all the cameras located in and near the school to find any sign of her and who took her."

Jared nodded, taking out his cellphone. "And what are you going to do, sir?"

I was already grabbing my keys and heading out. "I'm going to see what my niece has been up to for trouble to find her."

I quickly drove home and rode the elevator up to the suite. Right as I walked out, Mary was waiting anxiously with a worried expression.

"What happened, David? Where is she?"

I quickly took her in my arms and felt her trembling. "I don't know but don't worry, she'll be okay. Someone took her but we'll find her."

She nodded as she pulled away. "What are doing here though? Shouldn't you be out there searching?"

"I need to find a lead first. Wren is searching through all the video footages that was taken in and nearby her school. I'm going to search through her things to see if it could give me a clue."

Mary hesitated before heading to Ava's room. I followed behind and saw her logging into her laptop. "You know her password?"

She gave me a look. "Of course I'd know. She's my baby girl, there's barely anything she could hide from me. Okay, I'm in. What are you looking for?"

"Look for anything that seems suspicious. Like a research that doesn't deal with school or emails from-"

"Who's Ramiro?" Mary cut in.

I froze. "What?"

I leaned in and saw multiple recorded email reports from an unknown person. I pressed play.

"Ma'am, the target was last seen at Angels and Devils. We lost sight of him at the exit."

"He killed one of our men. We found him at an abandoned building on Fourth Street and chased after him. He was armed with multiple firearms."

I played every recording, feeling my chest getting tighter and tighter. Ava, what have you been up to?

I recalled the conversation we had in the car awhile back and sighed. I should've known she wouldnt listen to me. Dammit, I told her not look for trouble.

I grabbed my phone and called Wren.

"Yeah?"

"Do a facial recognition for Ramiro Valdez on all the footages. Let me know when you got something."

"Got it."

Beep.

Mary was looking up at me, worried. "She was searching for him this whole time, wasn't she?"

I ran my hand down my face. "Yeah, she's as stubborn as my brother. I'm going to head out to her school to check if her friends noticed anything."

"Okay, bring her back home."

I placed a kiss on her lips before leaving. Oh little girl, you're so grounded for the rest of your life when I find you.

***
A/N: This is so totally going to be the last time I am doing this whole change of POV in a story. I'm driving myself insane. Literally. Idek why I did the story this way, considering the fact that I don't particularly like writing stories like this but I must've been high on something cuz jeez🤦🏽‍♀️