The 2 Princes

The next day of the banquet, Crown Prince Zhi Feng and 2nd Prince Xi Er visited the Ying mansion to see Ying Yue as she requested before.

Ying Yue struggled to wake up as she slept late last night trying to comfort both her parents and trying to come up with an escape plan that did not implicate anyone. It was empty in the end.

Had she faked her death-like Yin then Qi nation would demand the young princess and not accept anyone else as they would not be satisfied if it was not the princess. And her family would also suffer as their loyal reputation would get stained since Ying Yue would cause her family to betray the imperial command. Li Jian might even try to find her to the end of the earth just so he could find out if she really died and truly kill her then. Oh, how her head hurts.

She did not want to meet the two princes now as her purpose had got defeated. Now that she was getting married, there was no need to discuss rejecting the two prince's marriage with the empress. Nevertheless, since she had called them before then it was only right she meets with them briefly.

"Your Highnesses, Crown Prince Zhi Feng and 2nd Prince Xi Er", Ying Yue greeted the two and sat down at the garden where they could be seen by everyone in an open space.

Prince Xi Er's dark blue eyes look at Ying Yue full of worry but he pretends to act tough as he asks, "Why did you call us here?"

Prince Zhi Feng knew that Xi Er was in love with Ying Yue which was why he could not show his real feelings towards Ying Yue and scolded his little brother saying his behaviour was scaring Ying Yue off.

Then he looks at Ying Yue and said, "The Empress has sent some ginseng to help with your health", a servant then appeared and brought out a box that contained thousand-year-old ginseng that was said to give longevity to one's life.

Ying Yue thanks Zhi Feng and put the box away as she faces the two, what was she going to tell them now?

"...I've invited you two here today because I wanted to have a little chat with you two. Before I get married", Ying Yue's words gave a piercing pain towards the 2 prince's hearts but they mask it off completely.

"I also wish to ask for Your Highnesses to help take care of the Ying Family in the future. Think of it as an old friend's wish of a sort", Prince Zhi Feng was the first one to react as he nods.

"Don't worry, we will not let anything befall the Ying Family" and we won't let anything happen to you, but these words he could not say as they would reveal the matter of his heart.

But Prince Xi Er was an honest man that could not keep his words to himself, so he blurted out the words that his brother swallowed, "We also won't let anything happen to you".

Ying Yue was honoured. Though she was not close with them, she is considered as their childhood friend as they met when they were young. "Thank you Imperial Brothers", her smile was gentle that it made the 2 prince's hearts thump.

They were regretting not making their own move earlier as she now belongs to someone else. They also did not have the power to save her as the opponent was none other than the Commander General, Wu Li Jian who was famous for being ruthless and his domineering power.

Ying Yue could see that both men were somehow in a bad mood and tried to cheer them up as she asks for what had happened when she was gone. By the end of the chat, Ying Yue told them about her wish to become the nation's general as she wanted to bring glory to the nation. But now she had to change her goal and aim for somewhere else.

A thought ran through her mind as the corner of her lips began to tilt upwards.

The two princes then return by noon and thinking it was a good time to take a nap, Ying Yue had retreated to her room but a maid had suddenly informed her about the arrival of Li Jian.