CHAPTER 10

Asher's POV:

I went to her room and saw that she was sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up so I decided to talk to her later.

I asked Mary to go back to her work and I will stay there with Emma.

I sat there thinking about where did the things went wrong because according to her she thought I knew she is mute but in reality I didn't know so there must be a common point where the miscommunication happened.

At the end I came to the conclusion that it must have been either of our fathers.

So I decided to confront them both. But I decided to go with my father first because it will be a mess at the end if her father doesn't know.

I called my father and asked him if he could meet me in my home. At first he asked for me and Emma to come to their place when I said him she was not feeling well he immediately agreed to come here.

After sometime Emma woke up and we had our lunch.

I decided to know what happened before talking to her about it.

In the afternoon when she went back to sleep Mary came in the room to inform me that my father came.

I asked her to stay with Emma and went down to greet him.

"Hey dad" I said going to him.

"How are you Asher? What happened to Emma?" he asked with concern evident in his eyes.

"I am good. She just got some fever due to cold weather" I said to him and he nodded.

"Come on dad let us go to my study" I said to him and he agreed.

After going inside the study we took our seats on the couch.

At the same time a maid brought refreshments for my father and me.

After she left my dad asked "So why did you ask me to come here so suddenly?"

"Dad I will come straight to the point so did you know Emma is mute?" I asked him in seriousness.

He gave out a sigh and said "I know. I thought you will come the next day bragging into our house due to it. I am wondered it took you this long to ask"

"So you knew?" I said accusingly.

"Yeah" he said with no remorse at all.

"Why didn't you say me anything when you knew about it? Do even know what happened?" I shouted the last part not able to control.

"It's for your own good son" he said with a smile.

"What? How is it my own good?" I asked him as if he lost his mind.

"Think about it son. Would you have accepted this proposal if you knew she was mute at first? Would you have even tried to get to know her?" he asked challengingly.

I let out a sigh knowing very well I would have never accepted this marriage knowing she was mute.

"See that's the reason. I know she is good for you son or else why would I bring the proposal in the first place?" he asked and I nodded.

"See son though my business is important you are more important so I would never do anything which isn't good for you" he said looking at me.

"But I treated her wrong dad. I didn't knew and I treated her wrong all along" I said holding my head in defeat.

He put his hand on my shoulder and I looked at him.

"Whatever you did I am sure she will understand. So don't worry" he said and added "Do you regret marrying her?"