Chapter 26

POV Jughead

I couldn't believe that I was doing this. I couldn't believe that I was driving the woman I love towards the dangerous man who has harmed her countless times before. All I wanted to do is turn around and drive her as far away as I can. Trust me the thought has crossed my mind more than once.

But I knew that she truly would never forgive me. I saw in her eyes that she meant it when she said that. I also saw that she needed to do this. So I continued on. This is the hardest thing that I will ever do, I thought. When we were a block away from her house, I pulled over and shut off the bike. She got off the bike quickly but I grabbed her hand before she could walk away.

"Jug, I've got to go. I texted him to let him know that I'd be there in five minutes. If I'm late, he'll be even madder than he already is." she said and I nodded.

"I know. I just..." I trailed off, looking at her as I stood. Suddenly, I pulled her into me and kissed her as deeply as I could. She kissed me back with desperation and I tightened my hold on her. She pulled away a moment later.

"You better come back after that. We have unfinished business" I snarled and she smirked.

"I will" she whispered and kissed me softly before pulling away. Against every instinct I had, I let her go realizing that I was wrong earlier. THIS was the hardest thing that I would ever do. I watched her walk away and then turned with a sigh to meet the others according to our plan.

I quickly found Sweet Pea and Fangs.

"Don't worry, man. I'm sure that she'll be alright" Sweet Pea said and I sighed.

"I hope so. I don't know what I would do if something happened to her" I replied and Fangs patted my shoulder comfortingly.

V and C rang up to me then with Toni trailing behind. V had her phone out. Hopefully Betty would text her soon with the location of their mothers. We needed to know where exactly they were in the house and when we could sneak in and grab them. Betty was supposed to find out and text V. Then she was going to distract her father until both women were safe. Then we were going to attack him. I just hoped that she would be able to distract him without getting hurt and that we would be able to get her out without her getting caught in the crossfire. This plan sucked.

POV Betty

This plan sucked but no one could come up with a better one and we were running out of time. As I walked towards my house, a sense of dread filled me. What if he had already killed them? What if I was walking towards my own death? I shook my head to clear it. I couldn't afford to think like this. As I arrived at my home, I stayed in the shadows and peeked through the windows.

I peered through the living room windows but only saw an empty room. Disappointed, I continued on. I checked the kitchen and my mom's bedroom windows next but they were deserted as well. I sighed with relief when I peeked into the dining room and saw both my Mom and Hermione tied to chairs there. My relief was short lived when I saw my father waving a gun in front of them and realized that both Mom and Hermione were sporting a multitude of fresh bruises. I hurried away and got out my phone.

"They are tied to chairs in the dining room with ropes. You will have to cut them free. He has a gun. I will try to distract and leave the front door open. Do not respond to this "  I sent the message to Veronica. As soon as it went through and it was marked read, I deleted it and turned my phone off. I couldn't let him know that others were here.

I took a steadying breath as I stood on the porch and slowly opened the door with my key. I left the door unlocked and walked into my home. It felt like a death march.

POV Jughead.

V gave a little yelp when we heard her text alert chime. She read the text and then showed it to my Dad who had come over. He nodded and turned to the rest of us.

"They are in the dining room. Betty is going to try to leave the front door unlocked and distract Hal while we free them. We must be quick and quiet." He announced. V took over and explained exactly where the dining room was located. She told everyone where all the doors and windows were as well.

"You know what team you're on. Remember, the Sheriff will be here soon. They are on our side but we want to have all the women out by the time they show. They are here to arrest Hal. We are here to save Alice, Hermione and Betty" Dad clarified and the group nodded. Dad made a quick call to Kevin's father and then we quietly crept towards the house.

When we arrived, the first team slunk up to the front porch and slipped inside. I took a deep breath and was thankful that the door was still unlocked. Dad, Fangs, Sweet Pea and I along with a few others carefully made our way to the back door. We had two more teams that were to attempt to get in any open window plus a team outside that surrounded the house. We assigned V, C and Kevin to the outside team in the hopes that they would stay safer there.

As Fangs picked the lock, we heard yelling inside the house. I could hear a man's voice which didn't surprise me but I was shocked to hear Betty's voice yelling back.

"I thought that she said that she would keep him calm" I muttered. Fangs got the door open as we heard running and more yelling that was more distinct now.

"Get the fuck back here!" we heard the man yell as two sets of footsteps ran through the house and up the stairs. We heard a door slam and pounding.

"Open this door or it will be so much worse" the man screamed. Sweet Pea smiled as we ran in to see the first team already releasing Hermione and Alice.

"Get them out of here" FP commanded and the men pulled them from the room. Alice looked frantically around and her eyes landed on FP.

"Save Betty. He will kill her" she whispered and FP nodded. We turned to go up the stairs when a gunshot rang out.

Sorry. Another cliff hanger. I know. I suck. Hugs to all of you wonderful readers. Please don't forget to vote and comment.