L a t e

After the last class of the day Penelope was at her locker, switching out books she didn't need for ones she was taking home.

As she closed the door she jumped slightly when a familiar face stood right in front of her.

"I didn't mean to scare you." Fiona giggled.

"Oh, it's fine I'm just jumpy." Penelope gave a small laugh in return.

She tried to stifle a blush that wanted to surface as she remembered the position she was in the last time she saw her.

Fiona smiled and adjusted her bag.

"I was just thinking that we should hang out sometime. You seem nice and I'm always up to make new friends."

Penelope's eyes widened slightly in surprise, though they brightened. She wasn't expecting those words but this seemed like a great turn around.

"Sure. That sounds great" She smiled brightly.

Fiona mirrored her expression and reached her hand out in an expecting gesture.

"Your phone?"

"Right." Penelope breathed in amusement, before passing over the device.

After a few moments Fiona gave it back  before flickering her eyes behind the smaller girl.

"Alright, I'm gonna head out but I'll text you." She said, laying a hand on Penelope's shoulder.

"Sounds good." Penelope waved off.

She tilted her head as she watched Fiona leave. That was interesting.

Soon after, large arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her into a chest.

"What was that about?" He asked, his accent particularly heavy.

"N-nothing, she just wanted my number."

She breathed in his scent, a lovely mix of whatever cologne he was wearing.

"I have to meet some people for a group assignment, so I'll see you later." He murmured, his head lowering to reach her ear.

Penelope hummed and turned in his arms, tip-toeing to press a kiss to his jaw.

Before she could pull back, Phoenix gripped the back of her neck and leaned down to capture her lips in a kiss.

It was a bit too much PDA as far as Penelope was concerned, especially when his tongue swiped at her bottom lip and pressed for entrance.

"O-okay." She pulled back flustered, a hand bracing on Phoenix's chest.

The taller boy chuckled and kissed her forehead before finally leaving.

Penelope huffed when she was left all by herself in the end. As she walked down the hallway to exit the building, her English teacher walked out of his class.

"Penelope, I actually needed to speak with you." He said, closing the door behind him.

"We had the reflection piece due yesterday on Hamlet and I've been waiting for you to come talk to me regarding why you don't have it done."

Penelope's eyes widened and a blush darkened her cheeks. She had totally forgotten about that assignment. It has been a week, which was more than enough time to finish it but her mind had not been in the place for work lately.

"I-I'm sorry Sir, I'll have it ready for you by tomorrow, I promise." She stumbled, not at all used to being in a situation like this. It just wasn't like her.