Chapter 85

Sidney

The chanting started slowly through the hooting and hollering of cheers, my blood boiled as I stared up at the leader podium but I kept my features neutral. "SILVER. SILVER. SILVER. SILVER." The crowd had that familiar thrill running through me as the beast craved to sink it's teeth into the flesh of every single horrid human and beast here. I hated the killing part when it came to innocent lives but when it came to this crowd of monsters I craved their blood, and I yearned for the fight to come. "No, we'll fight for her, let us go, just don't put her in there!" Jason shouted the microphone on stage picked up his shout and sent the crowd into fits of laughter.

 "How sad a lover's wish, too bad kid once a volunteer has come forward there is no other option for them to fight, only one volunteer is allowed per show, and she's it for tonight." The announcers tone was mocking to the boys and I wanted to snap his neck for worrying them more. I forced myself to block out their pleading and curses over me, if I was going to get them out of here alive then I had to stay focused on the task at hand. I let my gaze meet the scarred face above all the others in the room before I slowly stalked toward the stairs that led to their podium. "Stop her!" I heard some of the guards shout but I kept my gaze level as two large males grabbed onto my arms, I did not fight them. 

"No, let her pass." The deep voice accompanied with his familiar cold smirk rang out so powerful that the room silenced in an instant, going from deafening to quiet enough to hear a pin drop as my arms were freed from the guards grip. I stalked up the stairs effortlessly, my head held high as I stared down the very male that had been the bane of my existence. He was everyrhing evil, the beast from my past that I loathed more than any other, including the perverted b****ard Kane. I wanted to rip all of them to shreds, every last one, but I knew the moment I made a move against any of them the boys would be dead, I just had to buy us all a little more time, I was definitely keeping track of the clock tonight. 

"Hello little wolf." His purr sounded sweet but I could hear the promise of pain in his smirk and see the murder in his eyes. "Long time no see Nash, I'd ask if you missed me but considering you've been trying to find me since I left that scar on your face I guess I have my answer. Kane good to see you're the same as always." My lip curled in disgust and pity for the two girls drapped over his sides, a position he'd offered me far too often but I'd refused to take. "And isn't she as feisty as ever Kane, this is the very one I've told you so much about, pity about her decision to volunteer tonight, although it's sure to be a great show for everyone." He muttered back.

 I saw the twitch of his jaw through his happy facade, he hated me talking back to him but I wasn't a scared little pup anymore. "How about we make it even more interesting after all as champion I'm entitled to a bit of a speech before we begin, aren't I?" I broadcasted my question to the crowd as I posed it to all the leaders seated before me. "I don't think..." I cut Kane off quicker than anything and he snarled at my interruption. He always did enjoy his females quiet and compliant, which made it all the more bizarre with his infatuation with me so long ago. 

"I'll make it worth everyone's time in the end, after all I'm sure many of you are wondering why I chose Silver as my fighting name?" I called to the crowd as murmurs and whistles of agreement pierced the silence, Nash glared back at me. "Well what do you say, shall we give the people what they want Leader board?" I hummed to all of them, if they went against the crowd it could cause issues for them later, which was exactly why I knew the answer already.