Chapter 10

"But were not mates."

"Belle, you're just upset because the mark didn't work." Trey grips my shoulders harshly.

"But it's the truth." I reply, still crying.

"No." He says through gritted teeth. "I'll tell you the truth. You are disconnected from your lyall that's why my mark didn't work." His voice is laced with anger.

I open my mouth to say otherwise, but Trey grabs my chin forcefully, his eyes warning me not to interrupt him. Knowing it was not a good thing to defy him, I shut my mouth.

"But it's okay. I still love you. Nothing will change that. So there's no need to be afraid and make up that stupid lie. Understood?!" He shouts while shaking my chin.

I snarl at him angrily, my lyall trying to surface

"D-did you just growl at me?!" He exclaims.

My eyes are probably gold. It has been long since I had my lyall, I have forgotten how to control it.

I can almost see the imaginary gears in his head turning as if he's solving a puzzle. His eyes widen with shock and anger as he realizes something.

"You already know!"

He stands up from the bed and begins pacing back and forth in the room, fisting on his hair. From time to time, he stops and shouts curses. He grabs the wooden chair on his study area and throws it at the wall. The chair shatters as it crashes with the wall. He storms towards me and grabs me by my neck.

"You're mine. Just mine!" He yells on my face.

I clam on his hands, desperate to release my neck. I'm choking for fuck's sake!

When I feel like almost dying, Trey seems to finally notice and lets go of me, throwing me back on the bed. I gasp for breath then begin coughing.

"What are you planning to do?!" He narrows his eyes on me.

"I don't know!" I answer honestly between coughs.

"Then let me tell you what you will do." He says, hovering over me on the bed. "You will pretend like you know nothing. You will forget that fucking mate of yours. You will continue with your normal life with me. You will fucking finish high school. And we will marry."

I stare at him in horror, disbelief, and disgust. How can the man who loves me very much – who was so sweet – turn into this heartless tyrant in front of me?

When he hurt me for the first time, I already knew something was wrong with him. Even without my lyall, I was not entirely stupid. He's purely monstrous and evil, not just a concerned and scared as shit mate. But what did I do? I shunned the truth because what? I love him? No. I was loving the idea of being in love with him. I had put our relationship in a pedestal which I had worshiped blindly. I was trapped in the thought that I was and will forever be 'lovey-dovey' with the sweet and perfect Trey.

I wipe my face with my hands and force myself to look at this foreign man. "I think we should stop this."

Sharp pain suddenly stings my left cheek. Another drop of force added to that slap would have surely caused my head to be disconnected from my neck. I hold my face.

Trey grabs my chin roughly that it's probably going to bruise later. "You listen very well, Belle. You will do as I say."

Anger has already gotten the best of me. I push his hand off me. "Or what?! You're going to kill me?!" I growl at him.