chapter 30 | Never-ending love

No way I fell asleep while doing it.

I exhale sharply but pull my arm back, to turn around and reach my phone out in order to end this irritating alarm. Once the shrieking sound stops, I drop the cotton pad on the nightstand and close my eyes again but roll back to y/n. I nestle my head in the crook of her neck for the light to not bother me anymore, pulling the blanket up to cover my body even more and hug her before waking up.

"Baby girl..." I mumble in the small space, brushing the side of her ribs with my thumb to tenderly wake her up. She doesn't react as expected, surely not over last night, I move my head up from her pillow. "Hey...baby..." my lips press a kiss on hers, my hand sliding up her body to touch her jawline and brush it.

"Hmm..." she grimaces without opening her eyes but turns to her side, to cuddle up against me. "It's time to wake up," I put my arms around her but plant a kiss on her neck. "No..." she refuses to comply and tugs on the blanket to hide her entire body with it, taking me underneath with her. I smile but keep my head in the crook of her neck.

"Is your head hurting?" I peck her in a soft manner, my hand rubbing her back. "Yeah..."

I give several kisses on her shoulder but withdraw my head from its hollow, "I'm going to cook the breakfast and give you a painkiller," I offer her one last kiss before retreating. I'm not in the mood to work today, really not but I have to do it anyway.

I lie down on my back but look for the cotton pads, willing to finish what I started last night. I grab hold of the product and spread some on a cotton pad, before leaning back towards her. I remember at the last moment to put the headband on her while she's not even moving from an inch and I finally erase all the makeup from her precious skin.

I do it gently but don't take too much time, to then leave the bed but walk up to the bathroom, throw the used pads and wash my hands. I hand a towel over my shoulder and pour some face wash in the palm of my hand, to go back to my baby and sit down next to her but wash her face that way.

I spread it over her skin and rub it well, in order to then towel it in a gentle manner. "Baby...don't you want to take your shower?" I grab hold of some lotion, doing everything that she usually does in the morning. "Hm..." she shakes her head.

Alright then, I'm going to do this as well.

I finish this little morning routine and take her in my arms without tidying up yet. I stroll to the bathroom while carrying her but instead of getting in the walk-in shower, I lay her in the bath. I take her lingerie off but see her opening her eyes with a lot of difficulty.

Without paying attention to it, I put her lingerie in the laundry basket but grab her toothbrush, spreading the toothpaste on it to head back to her. "Open your mouth babe," I demand her to do, making her obey with her eyes still closed and her head resting on her hand. I move the toothbrush back and forth in her mouth.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast?" I open the faucet of the bath for the lukewarm water to refresh her skin. To go a bit faster and not lose any time, I leave the toothbrush in her mouth for a moment and go grab mine, to brush my teeth as well I lean towards her and take the showerhead to pass the water over her entire body then go back to the sink and spit out the foam that formed in my mouth. Since I need to do everything at the same time, I clean my mouth with water and use a towel to be done with my own things.

I just need to finish with y/n for this morning. I don't know why but taking care of her like that is something I love. I could this all the time without even getting tired.

— One year later —

071719.