Twins Flashback Part Three (Alex and Sally)

Alex leads the group slowly covered in walker blood and guts through the heard. He brushes by a walker ignoring it and shows no fear.  Sally follows slowly behind Gary, Chaz and the girl who are between them. Sally stops eyeing Alex disappear and feels her anxiety pick up not knowing where her brother went. She breathes in and follows behind Chaz who whispers. 

"are you okay?"

She doesn't answer and watches the walkers close in and feels her fear pick up but it lessens as she whispers.

"keep going."

they keep moving slowly through the herd of walkers but Sally notices something and feels her fear set in as she whispers.

"What is he doing?"

Chaz stops noticing the walkers are gathering around them and Sally stands next to him noticing the same. she stares out not being able to tell where her brother is but notices he is using an old technique they use to use during the trials. she feels her fear set in and hears a voice.

"time to go!" she hears her brother yell out from a general direction and Chaz asks.

"what's going on?"

"We have to leave." she places out her hand and whispers.

"let's leave." Chaz stares down her hand and whispers.

"was this part of the plan?"

Sally thinks to herself and eyes the open area and realizes its only her, Garry and Chaz and she turns to Chaz.

"We need to go." Chaz goes to yell to Gary but she shakes her head.

"Not him." Chaz turns his head and she nods to Chaz putting out her hand as she whispers.

"he's done enough already." Sally motions down to her hand and Chaz stares at his uncle and sally nods.

"This is right." Chaz takes her hand and they start walking forward as Gary yells.

"Chaz!" the walkers get riled up and walks towards Gary as sally leads Chaz out of the craze and into the herd. they walk slowly brushing by the herd and Sally takes a deep breath seeing an opening.  She walks through it dragging Chaz with her and they stop eyeing Alex sitting on the ground talking casually with the girl. Sally walks over and asks sounding angry.

"what the fuck was that?"

"freedom.." he motions to the girl and looks to his sister as he comments.

"I knew you could handle it and your boy toy here would be okay."

"what the fuck is wrong with your Alex." Chaz says sounding angry and Alex turns his head asking.

"how long did you sit around watching your uncle rape her?" Alex motions to the girl sitting with him and Chaz remains quiet as Alex nods as he motions to Chaz.

"you're a fucking coward."

"he's my uncle." 

"now, he's walker bait" 

The girl sitting next to Alex laughs out at the boy's crude joke and Chaz turns his head sideways as he asks.

"do you think leaving him to die like that is justified?"

Alex turns his head and stares down Chaz as he asks motioning to his sister.

"do you think saving him was justified?"

"don't do that Alex." Alex shrugs his shoulders at his sister's comment and motions to the girl.

"what about you huh? did Chaz ever rape you? did he ever help you at all?"

"He never raped me but he never tried to help stop it." Alex shrugs his shoulders as he motions to Chaz.

"I don't have an issue with shit people. I have an issue with shit people who pretend to be something they aren't. I am a shit person I was raised by a shit person. Sally, she is actually a good person"

"You're a good person Alex..." Sally says sounding sad and Alex shakes his head disagreeing. he gets to his feet slowly taking out a gun and before Sally can react he turns and shoots the girl in the head. the girl falls to the grass dead and Sally stands there speechless as Chaz yells.

"what the fuck did you do!" Chaz steps forward and Alex looks down at the dead girl and stares her over going through what he did in his head and hears Sally.

"it's okay, Alex..." Alex stares the dead girl over and laughs to himself. He turns back and sally steps back a bit afraid of her brother. Alex shakes his head.

"she was using me just to be safe. I had to end it." 

"you fucking killed her!" Chaz says but remains still afraid of the younger boy and Alex turns his head nodding.

"yea, I did."

Alex nods his head staring at the grass soaked in blood and thinks over what he just did and doesn't feel remorse and just shrugs his shoulders as he places the gun into its holster. Chaz eyes the gun and steps back as Alex shrugs his shoulders staring down the dead girl and Sally whispers.

"it's okay Al..." She slowly rubs his back and he stares down the dead girl as Chaz comments.

"it's not okay. he killed her!" Sally glares to Chaz sending him a warning and stares her brother over as she asks.

"was she bitten?" Alex doesn't reply and sits back on the ground not answering her as he sits next to the dead girl in silence. Chaz stands there staring over Alex and Alex remains quiet as Sally whispers.

"she was wasn't she?" Sally sits next to her brother and Chaz stands there hearing Alex sob as he whispers.

"I told her, I said you will be safe. I promised her." Alex stares down at the blood and hears Sally.

"she couldn't be saved?" Alex remains quiet as he whispers.

"mason was right, mason is always right. he always told me to be careful because when it happens it's gonna hurt, really hurt."

Chaz stands there and Alex nods his head.

"I did kill her, your right. not here but the moment I came up with this stupid fucking plan, she was dead."  

"shhh" Sally rubs the side of her brother's head comforting him and he stares at the blood soaking the lawn and thinks to himself as he hears Chaz.

"We should bury her."

"no." Alex shakes his head and dries his tears as he motions forward.

"We need to move the gunshots will attract some of the herd. I can mourn later."